· Ensure injury free operation of the processing team and provide leadership to plant and company-injury prevention efforts
· Develop, facilitate and oversee the training program content for new hire employees, newly transferred employees and temporary placements within assigned area.
· Ensure that product quality, process management standards and food safety are givens within the materials handling and processing areas. Establish process management tools that ensure that products are prepared and packaged according to formulas and processing standards.
· Performs departmental oversight in conjunction with and in absence of the Processing Manager
· Randomly audit processing areas to ensure the compliance of company policies, the following of SOP’s, and to make sure the team is maintaining housekeeping standards
· Responsible to uphold the safety standards for the department and to train and maintain regular oversight of staff to ensure the safe operation of equipment and safe performance of job functions.
· Monitors productivity standards; supports the scheduling and direction of daily operation; participates in process evaluation and contributes to process improvement
· Actively participates in the interview, hiring, coaching, mentoring, disciplining and termination processes
· Collaborates and acts as liaison between other management team members and departments to include R&D, Quality, Warehouse/Raw Materials and Maintenance for purpose of gaining information, resources and general support for department functioning, process troubleshooting and problem resolution
· Handles payroll processing in absence of the department manager; performs administrative support functions when assigned
· Ensures compliance with all regulatory and reporting requirements.
· Lead downtime reduction efforts and manage the implementation of the downtime reporting system in processing
· Equipment and process trouble shooting
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Supervisory Role within Manufacturing Environment
· Experience with MS Office
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Professionalism, problem solving, attention to detail
· High energy, self-motivated, dedicated, and hardworking in fast paced working environment
· Basic computer skills
Coaching And Mentoring
Complex Problem Solving
Process Management (Business)