Job Title: Product Development Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Salary: up to $95k DOE + 15% bonus opportunity
In today’s world of technology, the recruitment and matching process has become automated, and personal relationships have become something of the past – we’re here to change that! TalentStream specializes in the placement of top talent in technical fields, including Information Technology, Engineering, and Supply Chain. We provide talent on short term and long term contract positions, as well as direct hire placements for permanent needs.
We are currently working with a client who is seeking qualified candidates for a Product Development Engineer position based out of their Atlanta headquarters.
ABOUT THE JOB
Our client, a rapidly growing global manufacturing service company headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is looking for a Product Development Engineer to join their team. The Product Development Engineer will provide design and project management activities within the product group by working effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
This position reports directly to the Senior Product Development Engineer in charge of this team, and is responsible for the general and specific job duties as described below:
● Responsible for multiple projects within the Air and Water Moving products division (blowers, fans, motors) of the engineering team representing full finished goods, sub-assembly, or single part projects and must manage schedules for timely completion.
● Utilize customer design concepts or detailed drawings/specifications to ensure manufacturable design, complete necessary documentation, lead New Product Introduction (NPI) process and issue production release
● Review, develop, modify and release technical documentation including mechanical drawings, schematics, bill of materials, PPAP submissions, and inspection procedures through the engineering change notification system
● Manage project deadlines to achieve on-time documentation of product specifications, customer approval of sample submission, and production launch
● Create, review and modify 2D and 3D part and assembly drawings
● Maintain clear and prioritized task list for all project details using project management software
● Conduct testing/validation of prototypes and completion of internal and customer qualification requirements
● Implement ISO-compliant processes for NPI
● Coordinate product sample submissions for consumer and regulatory agencies such as UL, CSA, IEC, ETL, and FCC
● Manage relationships with 3rd party suppliers
● Up to 20% domestic and international travel, including factory and customer visits