LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Lathe Machinist for an opportunity in Sun Valley, California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Lathe Machinist operates computer numerical control machines and conventional machines to fabricate parts. Loads parts in machine, cycles machine, detects malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools. Run production lots, communicate with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintains safe, organized and clean work environment. In all actions supports Quality Policy, Mission Statement and other policies and procedures by supporting our commitment to total customer satisfaction, quality products and services, lean processes, continuous improvement, on-time delivery, safety, teaming, individual accountability and respect for people.
- Sets-up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Perform typical machine shop operations, CNC mills and lathes
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
- Assist in other work areas, including but not limited to, the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, sawing and sanding.
- Perform inspection of machined products (including documentation of results).
- Complete and maintain paperwork for parts and other required documentation such as work orders, maintenance logs, time cards, etc.
- Perform tasks for other work centers as requested in order to accommodate customer requirements and workflow within the plant.
- Actively participate in work center and cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Follow all work center and LMI production, administration, and safety policy procedures, including work schedule and overtime requirements.
- Attend and actively participate in all required training.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Paperwork is filled out properly, and maintained as necessary
- Attendance, always here and on time
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency preferred. Candidates that do not have a high school diploma or high school equivalency will be required to take a pre-employment assessment to be considered for the role.
- Trade school for machining practices would be preferred.
- Experience operating MORI SEIKI, Daewoo, Taikasawa, (Fanuc Controls) and MAZAK (Mezatrol Controls) preferred.
- Math skills to perform basic calculations • Read and interpret blue prints • Demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to read measuring equipment. (Calipers/Micrometers) • Able to concentrate, focus, and pay strict attention to detail to fulfill their role and responsibility.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Computer Numerical Control (Cnc)