To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
399 Washington Street
East Greenville, PA 18041
- Jennifer Lavin
- Phone: 215-679-5940
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
LifeSpan • East Greenville, PA
Posted 21 days ago
JOB TITLE: Assistant Director/Summer Camp Site Director
REPORTS TO: Director
DEPARTMENT NAME: LifeSpan School and Day Care
REVIEWED BY: Executive Director
EDUCATION: Minimum of acquired or are in pursuit of a Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education/Child Development and two- five years experience in the early childhood field. Minimum of two years of business management/supervisory experience.
LICENCE/REGISTRATION/CERTIFICATION: Appropriate degree with transcript, documented teaching experience, teaching certificate, CPR, and first aid certification. Must obtain and maintain STARS director credentials. Must take DPW medication course.
PERFORMANCE/ORGANIZATIONAL TEAMWORK COMPETEMCIES: As a member of the LifeSpan organization, to support the mission of LifeSpan as follows: to provide clients with the highest quality of care and service within an atmosphere of genuine caring. Such care recognizes the workers. In this context, each employee has the following responsibilities as an individual and as a team member.
ORGANIZATION SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Attendance- is regularly in attendance
● Punctuality- arrives to work on time and as scheduled
● Follow safety policies, procedures and standards
● Adhere to departmental policies and procedures
● Maintain confidentiality of all customer, employee, physician, and organizational information
ACCOUNTABILITIES- CHILD CARE:
● Perform duties of Director in Director’s absence.
● Supervise all staff related to the program.
● Be involved in curriculum development and implementation of program curriculum.
● Maintain a safe environment.
● Be involved in coordinating orientation of new staff and volunteers.
● Forward all requests for purchasing supplies, equipment, etc. to Director.
● Report all incidents, staff and parent concerns to Director.
ACCOUNTABILITIES- SUMMER CAMP:
● All of the above listed accountabilities for child care.
● Summer Camp Site Director.
● Maintain communication with Summer Camp Director.
● Implementation and support of Summer Camp Curriculum.
o Field Trips
o Pool Procedure
o Policy implementation
SCOPE OF DUTIES:
● Assist Director in preparing and developing appropriate presentations for staff meetings.
● Involvement with classroom observations to meet STARS requirements.
● Assist in room coverage to maintain appropriate staff to child ratios.
● Scheduling with Director to maintain classroom ratios.
● Promote goals, philosophy and policies.
● Awareness of responsibilities in the event of fire, emergency or disaster and follow prescribed duties.
● STARS coordinating/PDR upkeep.
● Follow and maintain all policies and procedures.
● Professionally represent and promote LifeSpan and all LifeQuest affiliates.
● Back up support for the Family Coordinator.
● Coordinate all community events which include children’s shows, fund raisers, pictures, etc.
● Desk support and any other responsibilities as requested by the Director.
● Responsible for incident/accident reports and medications logs collaboratively with Director.
● Be an active member of the Safety, Curriculum and Building Committees.
● Be responsible for submitting newsletter information for the center.
● Participate in daily stand up meeting with Director.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties/major job functions you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties/major job functions does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position. The management at LifeSpan retains the discretion to add to or to change the duties/major job functions of the position at any time.
LifeSpan is seeking experienced full time Assistant Director for busy STAR 4 early learning center in East Greenville. Hours 9 am-6 pm. Center serves approximately 200 families.
Bachelors in Early Childhood or Elementary Education and PA Director's credential preferred. (or must enroll in Directors credential within 6 mos. of start. )