We currently are seeking a full-time School Psychologist to work with our school programs located in Staten Island. The incumbent should possess New York State certification as a school psychologist, a masters degree in school psychology and at least 6 months of experience working with individuals with autism; including psychological testing, behavioral intervention and counseling.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting and writing triennial psychological evaluations for all students attending Eden II Programs' school age and preschool programs.
- Conducting pull-out counseling sessions as needed.
- Providing support to clinical coordinators and classroom teachers in areas related to student diagnosis, psychological profiles, cognitive issues and behavioral interventions.
- Participating in all new student intakes.
- Coordinating and conducting family support groups.
- Running student social skills groups where warranted.
- Attending committee meetings to provide clinical input for student behavior intervention plans.
- Providing supervision to graduate and undergraduate psychology interns.
- Availability to work year-round. The school and preschool are twelve-month programs.
About Eden II Programs:
Eden II Programs is a non-profit organization that has been providing services to people with autism since the 1970’s. Eden II strives to provide the maximum help possible to the autism community through education, adult day programs, residential care, family support, respite, and a number of other services.
Eden II Programs is an equal opportunity employer that supports diversity.
New York State certification as a school psychologist, a masters degree in school psychology and at least 6 months of experience working with individuals with autism; including psychological testing, behavioral intervention and counseling.