To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
15051 Harmony Hills Lane
Abingdon, VA 24211
- Tonya DiSanto
- Phone: 276-451-2590
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director of Activities
Abingdon Health & Rehab Center • Abingdon, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Director of Activities (Abingdon, VA)
Abingdon Health & Rehab Center in Abingdon, VA, has a career opportunity for a dynamic Director of Activities to develop, design and implement the activities program for our patients and residents.
Abingdon Health & Rehab Center provides a resident-centered, customer service approach to care by qualified staff that values quality and commits to compliance and higher standards. Our goal is simple: to use innovative techniques and creative thinking to provide more efficient and effective treatments. We have worked to create a welcoming, enjoyable atmosphere, whether people come for short-term rehab or long-term care. We are doing more than just challenging the status quo - We are changing lives!
Successful service excellence candidates will have the following qualifications and ability to:
- Assist in the implementation of activities program which meets the state, federal and company guidelines, including completion of all required documentation.
- Supervise activity staff, volunteers and student interns. Coordinate recruitment, orientation and training.
- Encourage patient/resident participation in activity programs.
- Participate in center sponsored community outings for the patients/residents.
- Maintain activity equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrate and maintain positive interaction with patients, residents, families and community resources.
- Develop, organize, and coordinates available center and community resources.
- Assists the residents in development and organization of the Resident Council.
- Assist in arrangement for and participation in center sponsored community outings for the residents.
- Assess each resident and participate in the development and implementation of the residents’ comprehensive plan of care.
- Work varied hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as scheduled for activities.
- Organize and schedule community events that create positive interactions between residents, families and community resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Come be a part of a team that is driven by our mission to provide a peace of mind to those we care for: our patients, residents, families and staff. Be part of a Service Excellence culture!
Drug Free & EOE
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be qualified therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional who
- Is licensed or registered by the state and is eligible for certification as a therapeutic rec specialist or as an activities professional by a recognized accrediting body on or after 10.1.1990; has 2 years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years, one of which was full-time in a patient activities program in a health care setting; is a qualified occupations therapist or occupations therapist assistant; OR has completed a training course approved by the state.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as taking direction.
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) preferred.
- Experience in directing individual and group activities preferred.
- Must have a valid Virginia driver’s license and Virginia CDL driver’s license, if applicable.
- Must be flexible, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and be able to make effective decisions and work as part of a service excellence team.