Compensation and Benefits Manager
In three out of the last four years, POWERHOME SOLAR has made the Top 300 of the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies. Headquartered in Mooresville, NC, with locations across the United States, POWERHOME SOLAR installs solar panel systems and energy efficiency products that allow our customers to reduce their dependence on utility grid energy while building a cleaner, brighter tomorrow.
Founded only six years ago, POWERHOME SOLAR has experienced tremendous growth and is in need of a Compensation and Benefits leader. This role will establish a vision and strategy for C&B, while also diving into market data and benefit programs to meet the needs of POWERHOME SOLAR. As the functional expert reporting to the Senior HR Leader of the company, this job will have the ability to create something brand new. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who has experience with both compensation and benefit programs for companies of 500-1000+ employees.
POWERHOME SOLAR is building a movement one panel, one customer, one employee at a time. Come join our team and help us build that movement!
• BS/Master’s Degree with at least 5 years of compensation experience and 3 years of experience managing benefit plan design and administration.
• Human Resources — knowledge of principles and procedures for compensation, benefits, and negotiation. Knowledgeable of compensation and benefits analysis, trends, and best practices as well as practical approaches and solutions.
• Must possess strong project management skills with success in managing multiple priorities and building efficient systems to track and report on projects, workflow, and results required.
• Excellent financial acumen and demonstrated experience managing large complex budgets coupled with excellent communications skills required.
• Ability to digest large amounts of data, identify trends and anomalies, trace and resolve root causes of outliers and determine and communicate the story of the data.
• Ability to interface with all levels of corporate, group and division management, especially in relation to providing direction and administration of compensation and benefits systems is essential.
• Responsible for the design, implementation, and administration of compensation and bonus plans, programs, and projects across the company.
• Ensure all compensation structures and incentive programs are competitive and support the organizational philosophy and goals of the company.
• Stay apprised of compensation labor market trends. To remain connected with market competitive data, review and update position descriptions, conduct job evaluations; participate in salary surveys, update pay structures.
• Provide management with tools and information to make better labor investment decisions, including people cost, job level, benchmarking and workforce demographics.
• Provide management with training on merit planning, bonus planning, and overall pay for performance philosophy and strategies.
• Demonstrated expertise in corporate level benefit strategies and design, 401k, executive benefits, health and wellness initiatives, and administration of such functional areas. Ensure plans, programs, and policies are in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
• Evaluate and recommend benefit plan changes, enhancements as well as new plans and programs as needed to support the attraction, retention, and engagement of employees.
• Cultivate and manage relationships and monitor performance of external vendors who provide services related to the benefits and compensation programs.