To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2020 Exeter Road
Memphis, TN 38138
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chief Operating Officer
Confidential • Memphis, TN
Posted 2 months ago
Chief Operating Officer
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of a large gastroenterology practice in Memphis, TN, the Chief Operating Officer ("COO") serves as a member of the management team and will participate in the organizational activities and tasks of the entity, the daily operation and administration of the new entity, and will assist the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) in the development and execution of the organization’s strategic goals and objectives. In addition to the strategic components, the COO, as directed by the CEO will participate in developing and implementing sophisticated policies and procedures, both in operations and finance.
Responsibilities Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for the oversight and efficient operation of all organizational aspects of the practice including patient clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, ancillary services, and designated projects.
- Serves as the operations liaison to the Chief Executive Officer and designated committees; effectively communicating and presenting critical operational and financial matters at select board and committee meetings.
- Contributes to the development of strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Represents the organization externally, as directed by the CEO, particularly in operational and practice negotiations with third party payors and external service providers.
- Oversees, directs, and coordinates the work of the organization's divisions in the support of the organization's objectives
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensures staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Establishes and monitors staff performance and development goals, assigns responsibilities, sets objectives, establishes priorities, conducts annual performance appraisals, and administers salary adjustments.
- Upgrades and implements an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, practice standards, and procedures.
- As directed by the Chief Executive Officer, the COO will be responsible for the following:
- Ensures that divisions are adhering to the strategic plan, delivering status reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Provides support and expertise to the management team including development of internal management and financial reporting capabilities.
- Ensures the ongoing successful administrative management and oversight of the administrative operations, revenue cycle management, and accounting services of the central business services office and the coordination and oversight of the administrative and clinical support services provided to multiple practice units.
- Provides guidance for Human Resources, Information Technology, Quality, Divisional Clinic, and Endoscopy operations.
- Translates business vision and strategy into operational tactics, building organizational support and infrastructure needed to achieve this end.
- As directed by the Chief Executive Officer, participates in establishing strategies, goals, programs and best practices for each service line to improve operational execution and delivery.
- Ensures compliance with requirements including regulatory reporting, contractual commitments, accreditation standards, etc.
- Fosters effective collaboration between departments, both internally and externally, to ensure an integrated approach to service delivery.
- Works with the medical staff to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, achieve effective utilization and quality goals and objectives, analyze and utilize information to develop and support management decisions.
- Provides advice and guidance to the CEO on new programs, operations, projects, policies and procedures.
- Evaluates organizational performance, systems, processes, and structures.
- Under the oversight and direction of the CEO, selects, supervises, and evaluates subordinate managers and staff.
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and commitment to quality.
Requirements & Qualifications
Business Degree, Masters degree, or relevant and significant experience in business, hospital administration and operations of a large progressive medical practice preferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience in a senior management role with management experience in a high-growth health care organization, with prior experience in a Medical Practice Administrator’s or Hospital Administrator role with experience in those roles, including all practice clinical and ambulatory surgery center operational processes.
- Proven track record of success facilitating the progressive organizational development of the organization
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self reliant, excellent problem solver, team “player” focused on results
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker