Our client is a leader in the environmental services industry, serving millions of clients regionally. They operate thousands of fleet routes daily in partnership with a Fortune 500 company. They are hiring a Fleet Maintenance Manager to support the maintenance teams that operate and service their vehicles.
The Fleet Maintenance Manager will be involved in preventative maintenance, repairs, diagnostics, parts ordering, and project tracking. In addition to these responsibilities, they will have responsibility for the maintenance department including training, scheduling, employee performance, safety compliance, and more.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Many career advancement paths and a true bootstraps culture. Many tenured employees who have worked themselves up through company ranks.
- High visibility, with direct access to directors and senior management within company and partner markets.
- Heavy emphasis on quality and realistic timelines.
- Team of capable, experienced, and seasoned professionals at the top of their industry.
- Team management including work analysis, planning, scheduling and assigning work to technicians, productivity tracking and optimization, shift and shop meetings, and time off review and approval.
- Ensure all warranty policies and procedures are executed.
- Evaluate needs and make Recommendations for shop tooling and equipment requirements.
- Assist in the management and oversight of vehicle specifications and vehicle in-service/out-service process.
- May perform diagnosis, repair, and/or maintenance of vehicles as needed.
- Enforce OSHA and company standards for safety policies and procedures. Schedule regular trainings to maintain compliance.
- Provide management, training and development of all personnel assigned.
- Maintain documentation including invoices, customs documents, BOL, and inventory.
- Communicate with vendors, clients, and internal teams or leadership about processing, progress, and timelines.
- Oversee cost control measures related to maintenance operations budget and location P&L statement to meet financial objectives.
- 4+ years of experience in automotive maintenance, mechanic role, or combination of hands-on floor experience and equivalent technical vocational degree/certification.
- 2+ years of experience in leadership or operational role in maintenance environment. Demonstrated ability to manage schedules, budgets, training, and other related tasks.
- Background in preventative maintenance and understanding of best practices.
- Applicable safety training and ability to operate standard mechanic equipment needed.
- Understanding of mechanical aspects of vehicle systems.