To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hoover, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manager in Training
Portrait Innovations • Hoover, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Manager in Training – Photography
Imagine a job where you can honestly say that fun and smiles are your business! Join our team at Portrait Innovations, and you’ll be able to say just that. With over 100 studios throughout the U.S., we have reinvented the professional portrait studio experience. Using the latest in digital photography technology, an extensive line of specialty products and handy online ordering options, we make it easy and enjoyable for our customers to share their cherished family memories, events and milestones. We are hiring qualified individuals to take photographs and to assist our customers with image selection and custom photo specialty product creation. Professional photography experience is not required – we will teach you everything you need to know! You bring your outgoing personality and drive to succeed, and we’ll help you with the rest. If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, we want to talk with you!
Studio Managers in Training are self-starters that take initiative and seek solutions to challenges. While you will have support along the way, you are equally responsible for your own development and success. In order to ensure success, you will need to apply yourself and have a clear sense of what the position’s responsibilities are. To assist with this, you have documentation, written polices and the Operations team available to you. A direct supervisor will be present in your Studio initially. Follow-up visits will take place as needed to work with you and your team to supplement your training and assess your progress and performance.
As a photographer, you will spend your days interacting with customers and their children, capturing their images and walking them through the selection of their photo collections – all while ensuring that they enjoy the process. All of your photography will take place in the studio, never on location, and you will often work with other associates to ensure the photo shoots run smoothly and efficiently.
Your specific duties as a Studio Manager in Training will include:
● Overseeing all studio functions
● Shooting a variety of photographs
● Selling portrait packages
● Manufacturing portraits
● Driving and meeting sales and performance goals
● Ensuring consistent and accurate cash management
● Maintaining a clean and safe studio
● Guaranteeing maximum customer satisfaction
● Recruiting, training, supervising and evaluating staff
● Overseeing inventory levels and ordering supplies
● Receiving customer queries and addressing complaints
● Maximizing profitability by meeting sales targets and motivating staff
As a Studio Manager in Training, the most important quality you can bring to the table is a genuine, positive and confident personality that thrives in a fast paced work environment.
Other qualifications for the Studio Manager in Training include:
● Strong leadership skills
● High level of interest in photography (experience not required)
● Career-minded attitude and desire to grow with the company
● High energy and enthusiastic sales skills
● Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
● Verbal communication skills
● Detail oriented, organized and proficient
● Strong multitasking skills
● Ability to work well as part of a team
● Availability to work weekends and extended hours
● Computer proficiency
● Professional appearance and attitude
● Bachelor’s degree, preferred
● Background in photography, art, sales or education, a plus
As a Studio Manager in Training with Portrait Innovations, you will be part of a growing, cutting-edge company with a great, tight-knit, family atmosphere. You will find plenty of support from management and your fellow associates, as well as some of the latest equipment and technology in the photography business. We will provide you with comprehensive and ongoing training to fully prepare you to excel in your role. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation that includes benefits.
Here’s some of what we offer:
● Competitive Pay
● Annual bonus opportunity
● Paid training program and ongoing mentoring
● Medical benefits
● Life insurance
● Paid vacation and holidays
● Fast-track career advancement
● Paid overtime