CDL Driver Class A
** Direct Hire Opportunity **
Pay Rate: $18.00 / hr (depending on department)
Experienced CDL Drivers can receive a sign on bonus of $1k after 30 days, and $1k after 60 days
All others with CDL without experience can receive a sign on bonus $500 after 30 days, and $500 after 60 days
Shift: Monday - Saturday from 5am to finish **Average 12hr days, but will be home every night.**
The Onin Group - We Don’t Hire Temps, We Hire Teammates!
If this sounds like the right job for you, please apply online or in-person Monday - Friday from 8am to 5pm! Not for you, but someone you know? Share this job with them and then check out our other available jobs. No appointment necessary and guaranteed interviews! Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 6 months in case a great opportunity opens for you with any of our locations to join our Team. Don’t wait, you may be our next Teammate!
Ōnin Staffing – Dallas/Farmers Branch
2605 LBJ Frwy, Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75234
Drives delivery vehicle and/or truck-trailer combination to transport material to customer sites. CDL driver operates vehicle weighing 26,000 lbs. or greater GVWR; vehicle 26,000 lbs. or greater towing a trailer that may exceed 10,000 lbs. CDL drivers must have Class A license and will operate a 53' flatbed with moffet FL on back. Driver will be responsible for strapping down and will deliver and unload deliveries themselves with FL.
* Assists customers with unloading material safely and accurately, taking precautions to protect product and customer property.
* Required to use a hand-held device, except while driving, to ensure compliance with DVIR and HOS.
* Verifies order details and maintain log of deliveries, including amounts and/or weights, mileage and locations of deliveries. Check items against invoice to ensure accuracy of order.
* Acts as customer service liaison. Handles customer concerns and helps to resolve issues as they arise.
* Maintains service logs and pre/post trip inspection procedures.
Requirements: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), 21+ years of age, a valid Class A CDL license. A minimum of one (1) year of driving experience. Two (2) years CDL driving experience preferred. Must be able to pass MVR report and obtain a DOT medical card. Forklift certification
• Knowledge of safety procedures while performing driving and materials handling tasks • Good verbal and written communication skills • Ability to read and understand maps, routes, road signs • Excellent customer service skills • Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out route assignment • Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. o Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust. o Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds frequently and on occasion may be required to lift and carry, with assistance, up to 200 pounds. o Must be able to physically operate crane equipment (climb up and down into cab or on top of truck and/or load, twist torso for 360 degree visibility, use arms to operate controls, etc.).
*Must pass background check, drug screen, & E-verify*
Company Benefits Include:
- Medical Gap insurance
- Short & Long term disability
- 2 week’s vacation
- 1 week personal time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid biweekly
Over The Road Driving