One of the top 5 companies to work for in PA!
Provides technical assistance to Engineering and Operations in a manufacturing environment. Assisting various engineering tasks associated with production, design, process optimization, and procurement of equipment and production materials. Provides technical expertise on various standards and engineering requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Skill in reading and interpreting plans and specifications and to compare them with project progress.
• Prior use of CAD for equipment / process design activities.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains and monitors functioning of existing production / process equipment, troubleshooting processes issues and collaborating with maintenance and production teams to correct and reduce risk of reoccurrence.
2. Develops and/or implements process modification to overall improve efficiency, reliability and quality of the various production processes.
3. Assists the Sr. Maintenance Mechanic and/or other appropriate leadership with programs, activities and general responsibilities of the maintenance department.
4. Performs and assists in troubleshooting of electro-mechanical systems. This involves communication with original equipment manufacturers to facilitate optimized corrective action plan to minimize downtime.
5. Analyzes processes and reliability data to help identify opportunities for improvement throughout operation.
6. Strong understanding of Preventative and Predictive Maintenance processes, as well as familiarity of CMMS’s utilized to plan and record equipment repair / upgrade activities.
7. Manages small improvement projects, acting as contractor interface, and responsible for Design and Startup Safety reviews. Ensures high quality service standards are met for all phases of project. Maintains safety for each project in accordance with approved safety rules and regulations to include conducting safety inspections.
8. Assists in GMP compliance.
9. Oversees in-house calibration program for all process instrumentation.