Strom Engineering Minnesota has an exciting new opening for a Construction Materials Test Technician position with a great company located in Minneapolis, MN. As a Technician you will learn to perform a variety of testing on construction materials such as soils, concrete, masonry and asphalt. Onsite materials testing is conducted on various commercial and transportation construction projects located throughout Minnesota. The chosen candidate will receive in-depth technical training and industry certifications upon successful completion of examinations and demonstration of ability. Out-of-state candidates open to relocating to Minnesota will be considered for this position, along with local candidates.
* Perform field density test of soils.
* Perform field concrete testing, including slump, air content and strength.
* Prepare daily reports.
* Work with project managers and senior technicians or staff to ensure specifications are followed.
* Assist with training and mentoring of junior staff, if needed.
* Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
* 1+ years of construction materials testing experience.
* A valid driver’s license with clean driving record for the last three (3) years.
* The ability to lift 75 pounds.
* ACI Concrete Field Testing Certification preferred.
* Strong planning and prioritization skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong safety focus and attention to detail.
* Excellent plan reading skills.
* Demonstrated math and technical aptitude.
* State DOT certifications, ICC and/or NICET certifications.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or be authorized to work in the U.S.A.
* Out-of-state candidates: Must be willing to relocate to Minnesota.