Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
What You Do
Supports Production department activities and administrative tasks for Executive Team. Supports Facilities department with office administrative duties.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Foster positive team member relations through a culture of inclusivity, open and transparent 2-way communications, innovative workplace practices and compliance with all applicable laws
- Work collaboratively with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Assist hiring managers with the development of job descriptions and updates as needed
- Serve as a liaison between Production Team, Hiring Managers and Recruitment Partners to ensure job descriptions are in proper format, kept up-to-date and maintained in a consistent manager
- Ensure Production Department visuals are kept up-to-date
- Participate in improvement activities related to Production and administrative processes
- Schedule and support new hire onboarding activities, including new hire orientations
- Support Executive Team administrative tasks, such as scheduling travel, expense reports and processing, meeting set-up, A3 reports, Purchase Requisitions and Orders, and other adhoc reports for the production teams.
- Support General Affairs/Production with break room supplies, upkeep of weekly team member coffee/water contributions, and printing and office supply inventory management and replenishment orders.
- Support General Affairs and Production with Team Member team building activities, birthday and special occasion acknowledgements, and external events
- Support the creation and maintenance of standardized Production department documents and work processes
- Create and utilize templates for form and presentation preparations
- Support membership activities with community, education and industry partners; work with leadership to determine sponsorship of related events and activities and monitor budget
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal customers (team members, executive team, visitors)
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What You Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years’ experience in an administrative role, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience and knowledge of office administration
- Good communication skills; collaborative mindset; customer service skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
What We Offer
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!