Do you have a strong Mechanical aptitude, and are looking to step into a new position? Badger Meter is looking to hire a 1st shift Warranty Technician. The hours of this position are 6:30AM-3:00PM. This is a dynamic/hands on role, but also involves detailed computer and phone work as well. We will train the successful candidate for this position.
The Warranty Tech position is responsible for incoming material processing of customer returns including the identification, storage, tracking, disposition and proper disposal when required. Additional responsibilities include processing of material associated with credit memos and product failure analysis of customer returns including testing and/or repair and determination of warranty eligibility.
About 15% of the time would be working with the internal customer service representatives to give information and status reports.
Main responsibilities include:
- Physical review of product to ensure RMI written is accurate to product received, and determination/assigning next steps/processes for returned product
- Warranty and failure analysis activities including tear down, testing, and documenting/reporting findings for returned product
- Material handling as required in addition to auditing of aging returned material for disposal and preparation of test and repair order material
- Verification of physical location of returned product, verification of material and credit memo accuracy, and preparation of material for transport to required plants
- Additional projects and tasks as assigned, including testing and calibration of meters, and ERP program transactions