To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6786 Okeechobee Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Tropical Financial Credit Union • West Palm Beach, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Job Title: Branch Manager
Department: Retail Services
Reports to: Vice President, Retail Sales and Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Branch Manager (BM) is responsible for leading and managing the branch office by providing World Class Service to our membership and community in directing and coordinating all the activities of a remote Credit Union branch facility, including direct supervision of all office team members and ensuring the team consistently provides the best member experience possible. The BM will lead the team to guide and advise members on products and services offered by the credit union that fits their financial needs and promotes the growth and profitability by developing and expanding member relationships and retention.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Serve as a Branch Leader by ensuring the branch is meeting and exceeding member service goals and contributing to sales goals. Monitors and supports the marketing efforts, sales referral activities, and quality service efforts to include the number of transactions, production via referrals, and new accounts and teller activities to ensure the implementation, compliance, monitoring, and attainment of branch goals.
- Ensure branch operations are successfully conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies, procedures, federal, state and local legal and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring, coaching and evaluation, scheduling and developing all branch employees.
- Mentor, coach and train employees on how to deal professionally and effectively with all members, Shared Members, Segregated Employees Groups (SEG), Partner Companies (PC) and other Credit Union vendors.
- Ensure staff is trained and knowledgeable in all Credit Union products and services and all related job responsibilities.
- Oversee the branch workflow on an on-going basis to determine staffing requirements.
- Oversee work schedules for all employees in their area to ensure proper branch coverage to ensure a positive member experience.
- Conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings and provide one-on-one regular coaching feedback to the individual team member to provide and seek input in the areas related to operations, sales referrals and overall staff development.
- Promotes Credit Union programs and encourages new memberships by actively participating in internal and external business development activities.
- Identifies the needs of current or potential members and determines the best approach to present the Credit Union’s services and products in order to maintain and/or generate new relationships.
- Represents the Credit Union and provides leadership in key community activities including business, charitable, civic, and social organizations.
- Develops and maintain current SEG’s and PC’s relationships.
- Seeks and encourages continuous improvement opportunities with all sales related and operations processes which include the ordering of cash, balancing of all transactions throughout the day, reviewing and resolving out-of-balance problems, authorizing over/short adjustments and notifying the appropriate departments. Scheduling and conducting “surprise audits” as necessary to verify the accuracy of the vault cash, teller balances, etc.
- Prepares required reports and records. Ensures branch operations are properly documented.
- Maintains communications with the main office; prepares and submits standard reports; attends scheduled management meetings.
- Respond to escalated members' requests, complex problems, and complaints, resolves issues, and if necessary coordinates with the appropriate department for specific information and assistance while ensuring a sense of urgency for resolution.
- Perform audits of a cash handling/member facing team members to ensure the quality of work, documentation, and compliance with all established Credit Union policies, procedures, federal, state, local legal and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees the subordinate personnel in balancing daily transactions; examine, evaluate, and process loan applications in absence of subordinate personnel.
- Oversee the research of teller out of balances and recommend corrective flow of work and/or corrective disciplinary action where required.
- May assists members with opening and closing accounts, answers questions about products and services and resolves problems that are within their authority to resolve. Escalates problems that are beyond their authority to the appropriate departments, along with their recommendations.
- May perform as a teller as needed, filling for peak schedules or for an absence or shortage on the teller line. May process member transactions, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, payments, transfers, check cashing, bonds etc. ensuring compliance with Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the branch and the safety and security of employees and members.
- Oversees the enforcement of safety and security procedures, maintenance, and inventory of supplies and provide a professional and safe work environment.
- Respond, as needed, to after-hours alarms or ATM service requests.
- Responsible for overseeing the branch budget in support of the overall Credit Union strategy
- BSA Compliance: every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions within TFCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Departments.
- Ensure ongoing individual compliance with all regulatory requirements established in the SAFE Act, if required.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
- Comply with all TFCU policies and procedures to ensure compliance with such regulations.
- Performs related duties as required with or without accommodation.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year College or University preferred.
- Eight or more years of experience credit union/banking and/or retail branch operations environment is required.
- Five years management/supervisory experience and three years proven customer service, sales and business development experience is required.
- Must possess knowledge of federal and state regulatory and compliance issues and ability to analyze financial reports
- Must be a coach/motivator and be a team player.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, motivational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proven proficiency in the use of standard business applications in a Windows-based environment (i.e., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Credit Union/Banking concepts, practices, procedures and relevant systems.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task in a face paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must possess above average time management, problem-solving and prioritization skills
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT: Verbal phone ability, hearing, sitting at a desk, standing at the teller counter
- MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Understanding verbal and written communication, grammar, computers
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Computer, printer, fax, telephone, copier
An EEO employer.