To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, NH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Atlantic Broadband • Rochester, NH
Posted 2 months ago
Atlantic Broadband, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cogeco Cable Inc. (TSX: CCA), is the 9th largest cable operator in the United States. The company provides TV, Internet and Phone services to more than 300,000 business and residential and customers located in five operating regions: Western Pennsylvania, Miami Beach, Maryland/Delaware, eastern Connecticut and Aiken, S.C. Atlantic Broadband is headquartered in Quincy, MA.
Atlantic Broadband is an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) investment plan.
Atlantic Broadband’s network engineering team is at the center of our efforts to provide voice, video and high speed Internet services to businesses and consumers on the east coast of the United States as the nation’s 9th largest broadband company. We work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing network based products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms for business and consumer use. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. The position will be part of our Network Engineering Operations Group and will report to the Director of Network Operations. Prospective candidates need to demonstrate a high degree of initiative with minimum supervision and must be able to work under stress with short timelines using the latest networking technologies to develop and implement solutions that meet business needs.
- As part of the team, implement and maintain all routers, switches, CMTS's, optical transports, terminal servers and firewalls, in an enterprise class network to ensure optimum performance at all time.
- Participate with team to design and test network changes and additions to ensure very minimal disruption to the production system.
- Troubleshoot and analyze hardware and software during outages as well as during scheduled maintenance.
- Provide information for team to develop documentation related to protocol and architectural changes, as well as technical documentation for supporting staff and running journals.
- As part of the team, implement, configure and maintain the network circuit redundancy via layer 2 switching and/or layer 3 routing to mini
- 3+ years network admin working experience.
- Experience in managing /installing network devices in datacenter.
- Certified CCNA/CCNP.
- Concept and hands-on experience in load balancing hardware (layer4-7 switching)
- Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF/ISIS, E/IGRP, and redistribution)
- Switching: Concepts in design, protocols (STP, VTP, QOS) 802.1Q
- Good understanding of DNS/BIND
- Concepts of Multicast routing, igmp
- Concepts of network security and security engineering methodologies as a whole.
- Experience with the Juniper NS-OS, ACL's, IPFW, IPSEC Tunneling. Site-to-Site VPNs. Intrusion detection systems.
- Experience in tracking mitigating DOS attacks, floods, and viral worm traffic
- Extensive knowledge of Unix Systems (Linux) and systems security required.
- Familiar with Nagios, Cacti, tcpdump, iperf, traceroute etc. network monitoring and trouble shoot tools
- Experience in performance analysis and tuning (network)
- Technical knowledge preferable associated with DOCSIS, Packet Cable, and Packet Cable Multi Media.
- Scripting / Programming background a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in working with database software, design software, development software, internet software, project management software, spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology.
- Knowledge in network designing software.
- Knowledge in network monitoring tools.
- Knowledge with CISCO routers and switches.