STS is seeking a Buyer in Hagerstown, MD. Work for our premier client who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with for a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including: Glassdoor 2019 Best Places to Work and 2019 World's Most Ethical Companies.
Summary of Buyer Role:
Responsible for providing material availability in support of the master production schedule. Support on-time delivery of purchased parts, inventory turn goals, and manufacturing achievement of customer delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scheduling of purchased parts to support the requirement date of the production schedule.
- Follow up and expediting as required to ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage on-time delivery performance of the supply base by resolving constraints whether they exist at the supplier
- Manage inventory balances in support of inventory turns goals and customer flexibility requirements.
- Provide supply base with forecasted requirements.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies whether they are pricing, quantity, or receiving issues.
- Manage MPS changes with the supply base to determine and support material availability.
- Maintain system database of planning and procurement parameters as necessary to ensure the plan is reflective of reality.
- Coordinate implementation of procurement programs.
- Manage engineering change's effectiveness to provide material availability and disposition of excess/obsolete parts.
- Be the primary day-to-day contact person with the supply base on the scheduling and delivery of all purchased parts in support of scheduled production.
- Communicate to appropriate parties the status of availability on any part short for the production schedule.
- Continue the expansion of bar coding and electronic communications between company and the supply base.
- Provide feedback to strategic buyer on supplier performance for new or expired contract negotiations.
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
Best in class benefits package including:
• Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
• Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
• 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
• Wellness Program
• 27 days of vacation within 1st year
• Education Reimbursement options
• Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2019
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- Internship experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
Target Customer Needs