To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hagerstown, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
STS Technical Services • Hagerstown, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
STS is seeking a Buyer in Hagerstown, MD. Work for our premier client who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with for a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including: Glassdoor 2019 Best Places to Work and 2019 World's Most Ethical Companies.
Summary of Buyer Role:
Responsible for providing material availability in support of the master production schedule. Support on-time delivery of purchased parts, inventory turn goals, and manufacturing achievement of customer delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scheduling of purchased parts to support the requirement date of the production schedule.
- Follow up and expediting as required to ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage on-time delivery performance of the supply base by resolving constraints whether they exist at the supplier
- Manage inventory balances in support of inventory turns goals and customer flexibility requirements.
- Provide supply base with forecasted requirements.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies whether they are pricing, quantity, or receiving issues.
- Manage MPS changes with the supply base to determine and support material availability.
- Maintain system database of planning and procurement parameters as necessary to ensure the plan is reflective of reality.
- Coordinate implementation of procurement programs.
- Manage engineering change's effectiveness to provide material availability and disposition of excess/obsolete parts.
- Be the primary day-to-day contact person with the supply base on the scheduling and delivery of all purchased parts in support of scheduled production.
- Communicate to appropriate parties the status of availability on any part short for the production schedule.
- Continue the expansion of bar coding and electronic communications between company and the supply base.
- Provide feedback to strategic buyer on supplier performance for new or expired contract negotiations.
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
Best in class benefits package including:
• Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
• Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
• 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
• Wellness Program
• 27 days of vacation within 1st year
• Education Reimbursement options
• Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2019
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- Internship experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment