Shriners Hospitals for Children Northern California, the premier pediatric burn, orthopaedic, spinal cord injury and pediatric subspecialties medical center , is looking for a highly motivated Data Analyst to work closely with our Administration team with data collection and analysis.
This full time position will serve in many analytical capacities, gathering and organizing information from different sources and arrange, analyze, and draw conclusions about the data. Other responsibilities include writing reports, making recommendations about the analysis and troubleshooting data issues.
SHCNC offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Other considerations include, free parking, team approached interdisciplinary care, friendly environment and the satisfaction that our patients are receiving the best care available at no cost to them.
Submit resumes to Human Resources, 2425 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95817 fax to
, or email at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Data Analyst - IT
. To learn more about our hospital visit our website at www.shrinerschildrens.org. EOE/Drug Free Workplace
Analysts must be familiar and comfortable working with large data sets. Requires excellent written and verbal skills and be detailed oriented. Previous healthcare experience and/or experience making business decisions based on data analysis a plus. Bachelors in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or Statistics preferred.
Must have the ability to:
· Analyze data, problem solve, and select an appropriate course of action from a given set of alternatives.
· Retrieve specific data from medical records and other systems.
· Design and implement databases and record keeping systems.
· Write comprehensive reports that are clear and concise
· Analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
· Interface with a wide range of professional staff and departments from varied specialties to create and present accurate cross discipline reports.
Requires knowledge of:
· Can navigate the Electronic Medical Record (Cerner)
· Discern Analytics/Business Objects (preferred)
· MedeAnalytics Reporting Tool (preferred)
· MS Excel and/or MS Access
· Large databases (pulling data from SQL, preferred)Data analysis tools and various database software packages
· Mathematical analysis and auditing skills
· Statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets.
- Computer Sciences