An Accounting Support Specialist job in Greensboro, NC is available with Graham Personnel Services. This is a Direct Hire job opportunity.
The Accounting Support Specialist will perform daily accounting tasks that assists the company’s Controller. Preparing and maintaining financial documents related to the business with a focus on accounts receivable. Collections and posting transaction are two key tasks, as well as assisting accounts payable when needed.
Some of the Requirements/Qualifications of the Accounting Support Specialist include:
· Associate degree in accounting or business-related field.
· 5 year’s work experience as an Accounting Assist or Clerk.
· 3-5 years of Accounts Receivable and Collections.
· General knowledge of CRM and ERP systems.
· Extensive knowledge of QuickBooks, Office 365, Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Familiar with the basic principles of accounting.
· Strong written and verbal communication, understand English and exhibit strong basic math skills.
· Ability to work independently, efficiently and with accuracy.
· Above average computer skills and software.
· Outstanding communication skills with internal staff and customers and strong team player.
· Dependable and timely.
· Able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
· Positive attitude and open to feedback.
· Prior accounting knowledge and competencies.
· Willingness to learn new skills.
All applicants for this position must be legally able to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship.
Some of the Responsibilities of the Accounting Support Specialist include:
· Perform daily accounts receivable tasks and assist Controller as needed.
· Prepare daily bank deposits and bring to bank branch, report deposit to external partner.
· Set-up new customers ensuring all needed information is properly input into QuickBooks.
· Actively collect on accounts receivable and provided weekly status updates.
· Maintain accurate SOP’s on accounting tasks performed by this position.
· Prepare and issue invoices to customers and external partners.
· Maintain and ensure all documents pertaining to customers are filed timely and meet audit guidelines.
· Reconciles cash accounts in absence of Controller.
· Support domestic and international customers with any requests and clear documentation.
· Support back-up to the Accounts Payable Specialist.
· Assist in the scheduling of activities, for employees, visitors and vendors.
· Assist in answering incoming calls and directing to the appropriate staff member/department.
· Maintain historical records by filing documents in accordance with company protocol.
· Achieves department productivity goals by complying with established priorities and work procedures, along with utilizing good time management skills.
· Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety requirements.
· Other duties as assigned to ensure customer and company’s needs are met.
· Strong attention to detail and accountability.
Quick Books (Accounting Software)