Deskside Support Specialist
This Deskside Support Specialist is a staff augmentation resource for the Chief Medical Examiner's Office. The candidate must be comfortable being around cadavers. The candidate cannot be sensitive to smell. IT Support work may be done on PC carts that are outside of the morgue rooms.
As a Deskside Support Specialist you will provide service, support, and maintenance for the client area networks along with the development and implementation of technical projects throughout the EOPSS. The Deskside Support Specialist ensures IT issues are addressed, resolved, escalated, communicated and tracked while focusing on customer service and end user satisfaction. This position will also assist in managing LAN operations at Site, software and hardware installations, inventory control, and second level training.
- Maintain inventories of all EOPSS IT assets
- Implement EOPSS IT enterprise images for PC's (Desktop/Laptop)
- Install operating systems and software; patch systems and protect against viruses/malware
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot devices; utilize IT tools for remote management of desktops and laptops, track inventory, push patches and upgrades
Technical & Desktop Support:
- Provide user friendly, on-hand support to the users in multiple locations
- Inform customers on the status of their requests and ensure customer satisfaction
- Handle tickets effectively within timeframes outlined in service level objectives
- Assist Telecom with movement of IP phones as required
- Act as the contact person for office wiring/cable installations
- Install, configure and support state issued mobile devices and other tech devices such as iPads and tablets
- Perform system analysis and troubleshooting functions as they relate to the LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Install and maintain communication connections between workstations, printers, etc.
- Assist in server installation/maintenance and act as liaison between vendors and third level support for LAN/WAN peripherals such as switches, routers, modems, hubs etc.
- Local backup and restore process to include swapping tapes, restoring files, and transfer of media
- Troubleshooting and resolving Network issues
- Monitoring and maintaining the health and integrity of the network
- Local backup and restore process
- Site specific projects as related to network infrastructure & server support
- Work collaboratively with internal and external groups to improve overall customer service and support
- Perform timely response and support during scheduled and authorized non-business hours
- Clearly communicate and/or escalate any IT operations issues or disruptions (planned or unplanned) to minimize user impact
- Complete all activities within EOPSS security policies and practices to insure the safety and privacy of data, its clients and its resources.
- After hours support as authorized and required
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- 5+ years of relevant experience supporting Microsoft Operating Systems preferably in a service desk environment with a helpdesk ticketing system and call queue
- Must be able to handle high pressure scenarios in a timely fashion
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Desktop Operating Systems & PC hardware configuration skills
- Experience with Active Directory account creation, password resets, distribution groups and other AD functions
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange (including O365, EMS, and Azure)
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Strong knowledge of network technologies involving Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Thorough understanding of WAN, LAN, and VPN network protocols such as TCP/IP and network diagnostic tools and techniques
- Experience facilitating new user setups including but not limited to phone setup, network port activation and testing, PC setup, network account creation, etc.
- Experience deploying/imaging desktops and laptops and performing hardware diagnostics.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong service orientation and time management skills
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- A+, Network +, or other IT industry standard certifications desirable
- Microsoft Certified Professional MCSE: Mobility highly recommended
- Microsoft Certified Professional MCSE: Core Infrastructure optional
Server (Computer Science)