Create a Job Alert.Enter your email below to save this search and receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Thank you. We'll send jobs matching these to
You already suscribed to this job alert.
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that all production functions are operated in a safe, environmentally sound, efficient, and cost-effective manner for plant operations in Kalamazoo.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of schedules, budgets, and performance standards for production operations, both short term and long term. Support Senior VP of Global Manufacturing and Global Supply Chain Officer and be an interface for global capital strategies and implementation. Designs/modifies relevant measurement systems to establish current levels and lead to areas of improvement. Use LEAN and other production management techniques to optimize production operations.
- Develops and implements a 3-year strategy, systems, structure and staffing to improve on time delivery, schedule attainment and productivity improvements. Co-develops goals and objectives, responsibilities, and accountability with department staff to achieve world class customer service and on-time delivery performance with a variable workforce.
- Responsible for compliance with federal/country and state/province and local laws pertaining to health, safety, and environmental regulations on plant sites.
- Responsible for the addition of new facilities and technologies. Drive sustainability improvements to minimize carbon footprints, waste generation and solvent usage
- Responsible for the development of future leaders in the business. Develop succession plans, design organizational changes, coach and develop staff on projects and career goals, staffing and training plans and coaches all direct reports on personnel development.
- Keep current with new manufacturing technologies, six sigma/lean statistical analysis methods and tools, and participate in relevant outside organizations.
- Keep current on new methods and techniques to increase workforce motivation and engagement, as well as participate in relevant external organizations.
- Collaboratively works with union leadership and union members to improve measures of operations. Openly shares progress, successes and challenges with broader union operators.