C++/Python - Robotics - Drones
Duration: 1 year, extensions possible
Location: Scottsdale, AZ 85257
To qualify for this position...
- You must be a US Citizen
- You must have at least a Secret Clearance
Our project... is defense related primarily focused on robotics and autonomous systems, including land-based, air-based, and sea-based settings and drones.
We are fully funded and "spinning up" with a core group of people, like you, who are willing and able to provide detailed research, hands-on prototyping, and building a productive and flexible environment so that we can move fast on discoveries and deployments.
You will initially concentrate on creating a development environment for both cloud-based and on-premises. You know robotics or real-time systems, and maybe a bit about unmanned autonomous vehicles. You are a capable Python developer (or even C++ or other object oriented language), and you know how to create and work with APIs, hopefully with some background in Robot Operating System (ROS).
Some of the things you'll do...
- Support all phases of software development and support for project execution and new business pursuits related to software development, implementation, and testing by providing technical strategy, software development, software integration, testing, and demonstration throughout the design, implementation, integration, and test phases.
- Be a clear and enthusiastic communicator to customers, users, and project teams to define, analyze, and meet project goals. Coordinate across design, development, test, program management, and customer representatives, creating a collaborative environment that focuses on the big picture. You will be a technical spokesperson to the client, conveying insight and confidence.
- Work towards a high-level vision, but understand the importance of details. Proactively identify and mitigate risks and define reasonable trade space from which the team can operate. Managing multiple concurrent projects, proposals, and RFIs will require you to prioritize strategically.
- Proactively determine use cases and requirements associated with assigned projects, define your own tasks, and execute with little oversight. You will accomplish program goals despite obstacles, ambiguity, changing requirements, and a fast-paced environment.
- Support and develop our technical culture by being engaged, intellectually curious, friendly, motivated to solve complex problems, and inspired to deliver superior user-centered design.
You'll need most of the following in your background (and on your resume) to do well in this position...
- US Citizen
- Secret or above Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in systems, computer, electrical, software engineering, or a related field is required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience implementing Department of Defense Software Engineering processes.
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS) and/or Realtime experience with unmanned autonomous vehicles.
- Experience with object oriented programming C++, Python or similar languages.
- Designing, implementing, and utilizing APIs.
- Must be proficient creating and maintaining development environments (on-premises and cloud based) and remote management.
- Experience with distributed system, systems programming, and embedded software development
- Able to detect, identifying, isolate, and resolve software vulnerabilities.
- Some experience integrating with Machine Learning capabilities like Tensorflow or similar.
In addition to your technical skills, you'll also need to be a friendly great communicator who is able to work with people of different skill levels, including the client. And, you'll need to be able to work independently with little direction, and also with various teams. You know how to lead, provide direction and ideas when things may be confusing to others, and know how to push to achieve your goals while remaining flexible and relaxed.
You know you are able to do this job, right? Great!
Click "Apply" now.
Robot Operating System