To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chesterfield, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Application Support Specialist
Joseph C. Sansone • Chesterfield, MO
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Joseph C. Sansone Company, located in a suburb of St. Louis, MO., is a leading provider of Business Tax Solutions to medium and large companies throughout the United States.
We’re looking for an entry-level Application Support Specialist to join our team. Reporting directly to the IT Director, this position will serve as point-of-contact on most aspects of application support. Will work directly with Business Owners, Software Developers and Project Managers to administer and test applications, and document test plans and procedures. Works projects from QA and end to end. Will become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all assigned projects and processes. Gain Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience and education to increase knowledge. To be successful, you will be a self-starter, a driver, a good communicator and a desire to move forward in your career.
What You'll Do
- Administer Security, Configure Work Stations, and Troubleshoot Issues obtaining a resolution.
- Helps guide others on Application Support P&Ps in a standard fashion.
- Works directly with IT Director and Functional Business owners to Assess, Gather Requirements, and become Subject Matter Expert on any assigned system. Documents process.
- Works with shared members of the IT Department to aid them to accomplishment all phases of a SDLC.
- Well Organized, and Monitors application and/or process state ensuring errors are caught in a timely manner.
- Acts as primary Application contact to establish key stakeholder support.
- Establishes and maintains well thought out, meaningful, stream-lined, and accurate procedures regarding Applications administration and support.
- Sometimes meets with internal customers of an assigned project to provide status updates and reports and gather project-related feedback.
- Responsible for handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Helps develop options and recommendations to drive critical decisions.
- Supplies and fills in gaps as requested that aren’t fully automated
- Tracks Company Assets in an accurate fashion
- Serves as a primary resource to all in the IT and business groups regarding IT systems and applications. Also serves as intermediary between our network/desktop support and business.
- Troubleshoots issues in assigned systems and/or processes using documentation, and knowledge to uncover issues and anomalies.
- Supplies information, and suggest fixes and/or resolutions to Lead Developers as tasks to prioritize
- Works to provide business items that are not automated.
What You Need
- High School Graduate
- General IT experience
- Understand data, structure, and processes from both a business and technical point-of-view.
- Ability to analyze, report, and interpret data (SSRS, SQL, etc.)
It's a Plus to Have
- Associates degree in IT related field or equivalent work experience with a focus on Programming, Reporting, Testing, Quality Assurance, and/ or SQL tasks is a plus
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is a plus
- Programming and SQL skills are a plus
- Computer and software application experience is a plus
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, company paid life insurance, long and short term disability, vacation, AFLAC, and 401K with match. Employees enjoy a casual and collaborative work environment among their peers. Fun monthly company sponsored meet ups.
Joseph C. Sansone Co. ("Sansone") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sansone does not discriminate on the basis of a person's age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin or disability (or any other status protected by applicable state law) regarding any employment consideration, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment and promotion.