STS is seeking a Sr Technical Illustrator in in Hagerstown, MD or Orrville, OH. Work for our premier client who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with for a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including: Forbes 2017 America's Best Large Employers. Glassdoor 2018 & 2019 Best Places to Work, and 2018 & 2019 World's Most Ethical Companies.
In this role you will support the development and sustainment of parts manuals. Review engineering drawings and change notices and document parts manuals on a variety of construction equipment. You will also support technical publications in animation of 3d data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and sustain electronic product information.
· Use software to retrieve, orient, explode, and animate 3-D information for use in manuals.
· Collaborate with and support Technical Writers with creation of storyboards, illustrations, and animations.
· Develop and support Augmented Reality activities
· Develop and sustain product Parts Manuals
· Review applicable Change Notices (CNs) for new and revised engineering and supplier documentation.
· Establish and sustain acceptable practices and processes for illustration, animation, and augmented reality development.
· Collaborate with engineers, suppliers, R & D, production, service, purchasing and other department personnel to obtain parts details, CAD models, illustrations, photographs, service procedures, etc.
· Coordinate proofing of final copy prior to release.
· Maintain appropriate relationships with staff members of the following departments: Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Customer Support and Purchasing
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
Best in class benefits package including:
· Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
· Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
· 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
· Defined Contribution plan
· Wellness Program
· 27 days of vacation within 1st year
· Education Reimbursement options
· Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2019
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at 262-439-7507. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· 5-plus years of related work experience
· Individual must be a self-starter, flexible, highly organized
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to organize projects and work independently
· Proven experience as animator
· Communication and storytelling skills
· Experience with the following software:
PTC Illustrate, PTC IsoDraw, PTC Windchill, PTC Arbortext, PTC SIM, Creo Parametric, Adobe FrameMaker, CorelDraw, Adobe Creative Cloud, 3-D Studio Max, ARCore / ARKit, Xamarin
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
· Knowledge of construction equipment systems and components
· Experience effectively collaborating with internal and external customers.