Landscape or maintain grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment. Workers typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: sod laying, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, raking, and sprinkler installation
As a team member of KW PROPERTY MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING, you are expected to understand and support the mission statement of the company and practice our GREAT values every day. These values include but are not limited to greeting and smiling; showing respect with name recognition and eye contact; accepting the empowerment to exceed everyone's expectations and showing enthusiasm for your position and duties; being accountable to show a positive attitude and accountable for your actions; and be trustworthy in your duties and transparent in everything you do. These are our GREAT values and part of your work practices and expected as part of your daily activities while working at KW Property Management and Consulting.
Duties and Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and edgers.
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs, and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
- Lay sod, sow grass, or plant flowers and foliage.
- Gather and remove trash from the grounds.
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws
- Rake, mulch, and compost leaves.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, burial sites, and other grounds features.
- Operate powered equipment such as mowers, chain-saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge and brush trimmers.
- Maintain all aspects of landscape items community.
- Maintain equipment storage areas and equipment maintain records.
- Maintain and keep full stock of materials needed to complete work order.
- Receive and complete work orders from Supervisor.
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Maintain all work and common areas clean and free from debris.
- Respond to emergency landscape maintenance requests as required.
The job operates outdoors in a residential community. The job will be around loud machinery such as leaf blowers and lawn mowers. Position requires daily exposure to the outdoor climate and weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms. Noise level in the work environment will be loud due to the use of landscape machine. Ability to handle, grasp and feel objects and equipment.
- Ability to operate a riding lawn mower and other landscaping equipment and quickly and easily navigate the property & building as required.
- Ability to repeat various motions with the wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk and climb stairs, climb ladders and work at heights above ground (heights above ground level - maximum 8 ft), operate telephones, crawl in small and tight spaces; stoop and/or kneel; lift and/or move and/or carry up to 30 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and schedule may change to accommodate the business needs of the Association.
This position reports directly to the Landscape Maintenance Supervisor and is to take direction only from the Landscape, Maintenance Supervisor or the General Manager.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum two (2) years general experience in landscape, irrigation repair and replacement, maintenance or handy-work.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Florida driver'
- Ability to address emergencies on-site or on the phone.
- Knowledge of fertilization and application is a plus.
- Knowledge of proper tree trimming, mowing, edging, blowing and power equipment related to landscape duties.
- Knowledge of planting, flowers, hedges and trees.
- Knowledge of maintenance for landscape equipment including lawn mowers, hedge trimmers, edger and leaf blowers.
- Knowledge of irrigation systems including pumps, piping and sprinkler repair.
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance, small trailers, small dump truck and backhoe is a plus.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in plantings, cultivating and trimming ground cover, flowers, sod.
- Knowledge of the proper disposal of chemicals used in groundskeeping (horticulture, turf management and floriculture) preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KW Property Management & Consulting is a drug-free workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.