To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Creative Financial Staffing • Alexandria, VA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading International nonprofit organization and they're looking to hire a Senior Accountant. This person will be responsible for foreign currency general ledger accounting, inter-company transactions, and financial statement preparation.
With a growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the training necessary to perform. This company also offers a very flexible working environment!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Process inter-company transactions for International entities.
- Handle month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
- Bank reconciliations for multiple accounts with International currencies.
- Handle foreign currency general ledger accounting.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Assist with cash management and investments.
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
- Utilize Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains)
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- BS in Accounting
- Experience with foreign currency, International entities, and inter-company transactions required
- At least 5 years of general ledger accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please submit resume for immediate consideration
Keywords: accounting, accountant, senior accountant, operations, finance, financial analysis, International, foreign currency, Great Plains, Dynamics GP