Company is a multifaceted, industry-leading, specialty contractor with decades of experience working in the construction, manufacturing and building services industries. As a second-generation family-owned enterprise, company prides itself on developing strong relationships with customers, as true project partners, throughout the Mountain West region.
Company offers commercial and industrial plumbing, mechanical piping, process piping, HVAC and refrigeration construction.
What is expected of a Project Manager:
Responsible for one or more programs/functions of such diversity and scope to be of critical importance to overall company objectives.
Negotiates critical and controversial issues with top-level employees and officers.
Plays a role in company business strategy development and execution.
Makes authoritative decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive and related activities of the company.
Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and activities of importance.
Manages autonomous individuals, managers and diverse groups giving broader direction.
Expert in field, extensive relevant experience, 15+ years.
Masters or college/university graduate or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally required.
What you’ll be working on:
- Manage and supervise day-to-day operations of staff teams on assigned projects.
- Initiate, review and oversee required project administration and documentation to avoid claims and protect the best interest of company and our client.
- Coordinate required procurement of materials and equipment with purchasing agent, with emphasis on buyout plan to meet, or improve on, established schedule dates and budget cost.
- Initiate setup, monitoring and updating of project scheduling.
- Ensure required submittal review, processing and approvals, and submittal logs are set-up and maintained.
- Collect payments, progress billing and retention receivables, on or before due dates.
- Responsible for overall financial performance of all assigned projects, including continual cost control, management and forecasting.
- Prepare accurately, and submit on time, all required project monthly contract valuations.
- Review, approve and process all subcontractor and supplier invoices.
- Engineering Degree
- Mechanical Contracting