As a Cassandra Database Administrator (DBA) you’ll support open source databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB and MySQL for several applications, many of them considered critical in maintaining, provisioning, and monitoring global network. You will play a role in all new departmental initiatives while continuing to ensure the availability/stability of existing functionality. Migrations to cloud platforms require the team to become well-versed in public cloud offerings and processes so any experience in this area is a plus. Creating and enhancing automation within the cloud and on premise will be a large percentage of your work.
You’ll be a member of a centralized team, which provides 7x24 support in test/prod database environments. You’ll mainly be responsible for maintaining highly visible production databases.
· Designing, installing, upgrading, patching, tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting databases with large amounts of data (Terabytes) and high transaction rates (4000 tps).
· Capacity planning, SQL analysis, schema revisions, security administration and user account maintenance are also required tasks.
· Participating in an active on call rotation will eventually be required. Providing off hours support to avoid impacting database availability during normal business hours.
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Its a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future here.
· Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
· Knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
· Experience with scripting/programming.
· Knowledge of databases.
· Knowledge of opensource/NoSQL database technology (Cassandra, MySQL, MongoDB).
· Knowledge of cloud computing (AWS).
· Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
· Demonstrated collaboration skills to work across organizations.
· Proven teamwork & communication skills.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
Cedent is a rapidly growing, young and team-oriented organization. Our mission is to provide expertise and counsel rather than resources. We encourage the formation of joint teams with client staff to take a project from inception to implementation. Through this philosophy we provide identifiable business benefits in the most economical manner. Cedent enables business results by being a 'Value Added partner'. It offers integrated portfolio of services to its clients in the areas of Consulting, System Integration for key-industry verticals. Our resources bring their unique perspectives and insight based on their individual experiences, which leads to breakthrough outcomes for our clients. Our people make the difference by consistently delivering outstanding value to our customers.