To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Manager-Transaction Accounting (KC28743)
Baker Tilly Search & Staffing, LLC • Chicago, IL
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Accounting Manager –Transaction Accounting (KC28743)
Our client, a professional services company, is currently looking for an Accounting Manager to join their fast-growing team! This unique and interesting position will be responsible for the organization, closing and accounting for company acquisitions. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture with good work/life balance and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed. The pride themselves on promoting from within and helping their employees grow.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for all transactional accounting collaborating with portfolio accounting, portfolio companies, legal teams and operating partners and third-party managers. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· The Accounting Manager will record and analyze the company’s financial information and ensure it’s done in a timely manner.
· Prepare financial reports and examine documentation in conformance with accounting principles and requirements.
· Review newly executed purchase and sale agreements and understand/investigate any accounting consequences as well as the impact of prorations.
· Calculate prorations on transactions for inclusion in the closing statement based on the purchase and sale agreement.
· Participate in pre/post acquisition/disposition conference calls; establish closing timeline for deliverables with property managers and hold them accountable.
· For property acquisitions, prepare or review purchase price allocation entries for new properties acquired.
· Draft and finalize internal closing statement to be distributed to the buyer, seller and title company (reconcile to title company statement); coordinate internal team and buyer review/approval prior to closing.
· Supervise accounting staff.
· The Accounting Manager will assist with other duties and ad hoc reporting as needed.
The Accounting Manager will possess the following:
· The Accounting Manager will have 6+ years’ applied accounting experience, public accounting experience preferred. Real estate accounting experience preferred.
· Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
· The Accounting Manager will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field.
· CPA preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer