Alpha Corporation established in 1979, is a full-service woman-owned firm, providing civil, structural engineering, program and construction management, project controls, and technology services for various building types, transportation, water and heavy infrastructure projects. We provide services to a broad spectrum of clients, including all levels of government agencies, public and private enterprises / partnerships.
Alpha Corporation’s vision is to be recognized by clients for responsive, innovative and quality services in the building, transportation and infrastructure sectors, and to be the employer of choice for professionals seeking stimulating and rewarding careers.
We are currently hiring a Construction Services Manager for our office located in Miami, Florida.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, strong client relationships, and enjoys a variety of work. The Construction Services Manager will serve in an engineering/construction leadership role, providing expertise and management oversight for the construction of complex major facility and transportation project(s) including;
• Working with the project team on all aspects of projects; project set-up, quality review and quality assurance, project coordination/organization, etc.
• Build and maintain client relationships to win new work and build market share
• Assist and coordinate the development of construction drawings/documents
• Organize the delivery of project Plans and Specifications
• Consult with other engineers, architects, landscape architects, environmental scientists, and other project consultants and stakeholders.
• Permitting assistance
• Analyzing maps, reports, drawings, as-builts and test results for the design projects
• Assisting with post design construction support services to respond to RFI’s, submittal reviews, as-built preparation, and field observations
• Working alongside office staff and management to successfully complete projects within the established budgets and deadlines.
• Providing responsive management oversight and administration throughout all phases of facility and roadway construction and inspection activities
• Ensuring successful delivery of projects of significant scale and considerable complexity on time, on budget, high quality and environmental compliance
• Providing Independent Assurance and Independent Oversight for interstate and arterial construction and related major transportation and water facilities
• Ensuring environmental, safety, and quality compliance and oversees utility coordination throughout the construction process
• Actively monitors scope, schedule & budget and prepares cost estimates as needed
• Providing project oversight, support, technical advice and performs contractor performance evaluations.
• Ensuring inspection tasks are adequately covered and all project construction activities are accurately documented
• Conducting construction progress meetings to resolve construction related issues and partnering meetings to ensure both stakeholder coordination and citizen concerns are resolved
• Participate in business development activities and lead/assist in RFP/RFQ pursuits as required.
• Recruit and manage new talent locally
The qualifications for a Construction Services Manager include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• 10-20 years of experience in facility, transportation, and infrastructure construction
• Licensed Professional Engineer in Florida is required
• Certified Construction Manager or PMP preferred, but not required
• Experience with design-build project development and delivery for interstate construction with a contract value over $100million
• Experience in a leadership role on complex major design-build projects with a contract value over $100million
• Experience with waterfront, and large bridge construction projects over navigable waterways
Alpha Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for continued professional, educational and personal growth. We strive to offer our employees the opportunity to work on diverse and exciting projects in a collaborative team environment. All positions include a competitive excellent benefits package and the opportunity for a stable and rewarding career.
Alpha Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, veterans, persons with disabilities and an Affirmative Action Employer.