• The Counselor Aide may assist with the following counseling responsibilities: screening, intake, orientation, referral, counseling, crisis response, patient education, case management, reporting and record keeping, and consultation with other professionals.
• Participates in Program administrative and clinical committees as assigned. • Represents agency to the community.
• Performs Quality Assurance activities.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• High School Graduate/Equivalency Knowledge of addiction/recovery, behavioral health, self-help group process and principles of counseling.
• Ability to relate effectively with staff, clients & professional community
• Sound judgment and cultural competency
• Proficiency with basic computer applications
• Valid NYS Driver's License, based on service setting
• Evening/Night shift availability preferred