B Shift - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and every other Thursday 5:45PM-6:15AM
As an Equipment Technician at Polar Semiconductor in Bloomington, MN, you are responsible for monitoring, sustaining, and improving the equipment and/or processes in the assigned area, while working in partnership with production team members and area engineers. Shift Technicians monitor tool performance, schedule and perform preventative maintenance on assigned tool sets, and use mechanical, electronic and PC/software skills to troubleshoot and repair equipment issues. They are also required to assist with equipment installs; tests; create and modify equipment procedures; and increase tool uptime through systematic problem solving and troubleshooting, quality workmanship, thoroughly document all maintenance performed in established check sheets and tracking programs, and routine review of maintenance check sheets and procedures. They monitor, analyze and address SPC issues for area processes on a daily basis and respond to SPC out of control issues. Shift Technicians are required to keep the Lead Tech and/or Area Engineer updated on tool and area issues.
- Complete all required safety training and conduct all work in accordance with safety policies.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and ensure uptime on all applicable equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance & repair/calibration on key process equipment & systems.
- Provide content for, and submit updates for controlled documentation (PM procedures, check-sheets, work instructions, etc.)
- Participate on the Emergency Response Team.
- Safely perform work in a hazardous environment utilizing proper Personal Protective Equipment (including SCBA or respirator).
- Engage in systematic troubleshooting to identify root-cause of failures.
- Minimize tool down-time and variability to increase equipment availability.
- Document all maintenance activities in Equipment Management System.
- Monitor, analyze, and address SPC issues.
- Support and maintain 5S activities.
- Communicate issues effectively to the all team members.
- Contribute to and communicate detailed passdowns to ensure a smooth transition from shift-to-shift.
- Partner with Production team members and area engineers to support equipment