The Proposal Manager will:
- Support the complete proposal process from pre- to post-RFP phases of all proposals
- Ownership of the proposal timeline from beginning to end.
- Meet all proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Work effectively with internal subject matter experts to develop consistent, compelling responses to satisfy proposal requirements.
- Take ownership of proposal sections in major proposal efforts: outlining, drafting, and refining content.
- Write clear, persuasive, and compliant proposal sections, translate technical and other ideas into easily understandable text, rewrite and review proposal sections and related proposal documents.
- Synthesize text and ideas from multiple authors, and compile information for each section and edit language to ensure one voice.
- Organize proposal templates and section write-ups into an indexed proposal library for reuse.
- Work to continually improve proposals, templates, and processes.
- Collaborate with the proposal team on developing basic proposal management documents, such as schedule, compliance matrix, outline, POC list, kickoff presentation proposal document templates, and related training materials.
- Prepare presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding coordinating printing.
- Work with proposal team and other internal clients to conceptualize what they are trying to convey and the best way to visually communicate information.
- Responsible for creative, compliant, and timely design, production, and delivery of professional-level proposal graphics and documents.
- Continually research trends in design, marketing, and communications to improve the proposal.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent research skills and the ability to write persuasively and articulately.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong coordination and planning skills.
- Strong skills in interpersonal communication, writing, and organization.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and high motivation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Strong computer skills Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with tools like Venngage, Canva, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign or similar design tools.
- Capable of working with staff at all levels of the company
- Experience with Federal government opportunities and opportunity databases, such as GovWin, GSA eBuy, FedConnect, and SAM.gov
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree, plus 8 years of related experience (proposal management and preparation in a government contract environment).
Competitive benefits include:
- Medical & Rx
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- Long Term Disability and Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
All positions require a background check after acceptance of our offer. The selected candidate will be eligible to begin employment before the background check has been finalized. However, continued employment will be contingent upon the results of your reference/background check from The Building People, LLC. Your position may require special credentialing, clearance, and access as a condition of employment. In the event the government or client does not sponsor or approve your clearance, it may result in termination of your employment.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Proposal Manager and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Proposal Manager and Pay Transparency Statement.