Advocate Northshore Pediatric Partnerhsip
Brand new Out-Patient Facility in Wilmette!
Medical Assistants Needed!
- Medical Assistant (must be certified within first 4 months of hire)
- Several Specialties in Pediatrics
- Day shift, with the flexibility to work a late night during the week and possible weekend hours depending on specialty
- Immediate Care Center at same location
- Full time
- Shifts are one of the following inculding one late night a week and one weekend per month.
- 7:30am - 4:00pm
- 8:30am - 5:00pm
- 10:30am - 7:00pm
- Located in Wilmette, IL
- Benefit Eligible
This requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 08/01/2014. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case~by~case basis.
The Medical Assistant Certified/Registered will support the providers in delivering quality health care to ambulatory patients and perform a variety of related tasks to promote continuity of care.
Funding Our Future:
Clinical Support/Health Outcomes: Provides support in the delivery of quality clinical care
Patient Satisfaction and Service: Provides efficient, high~quality service to patients and families during appointments/visits, telephone call.
Health Information Management (HIM) and HIPAA standards: A complete and accurate medical record will be maintained for every patient who is evaluated or treated within the medical group.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of a medical assistant program or successful completion of the certification/registration exam. Good communications skills. Experience using a keyboard and computers.
- Familiarity with equipment used in ambulatory care.
- Current Medical Assistant Certification/Registration required. Non~certified MAs must obtain certification or registration within four months of hire with AMG approved certifying bodies.
- Current AHA CPR certification
- Ability to travel locally to multiple sites as needed.
- Ability to work in stressful conditions and difficult situations.
- Resilient and flexible in a changing environment.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials and life threatening diseases.
- Ability to cooperate and work with others.
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions.
- Ability to work rotating shifts any day of the week.
- Ability to perform lifting/transfer activities related to patients as needed, ability to stoop/bend.
Health Information Management