To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Darrin Bryant
- Phone: 602-955-1212
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Project Engineer
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is currently initiating a search for a Project Engineer for their Scottsdale, AZ office.
This role is a member of the traffic studies team and will primarily provide innovative technical analysis, oversight, and guidance on the preparation and completion of traffic operational studies. The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive and creative. The candidate understands traffic operations and has excellent technical writing skills. He or she is primarily responsible for traffic operations analysis, travel demand, safety analysis, trip generation analysis, field investigations, preparation of report exhibits/tables, and report writing in support of traffic engineering analysis studies and projects. Other duties will include multimodal transportation studies such as corridor studies, area studies, safety studies, traffic signal planning, ITS planning, and preliminary engineering projects.
This position is full time. It will occasionally require work in the evenings or during weekends, for example, if attending public meetings or meeting project deadlines. Most of the work will be office based, although some time will be spent attending meetings, visiting sites and attending neighborhood meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to act as Engineer of Record for less complex projects.
- Serve as the lead technical professional under the responsible charge of a more senior PE for complex projects. Participate in project coordination and presentations in support of a Project manager.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all traffic design concepts, software, manuals, and criteria.
- Conducts traffic studies. Performs traffic impact analysis/studies as part of the development review process. Forecasts the impact of new developments and create practical impact mitigation solutions.
- Analyzes and interprets traffic data including traffic counts, speed measurements, parking and collision records.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on traffic-related matters. Investigates and respond to requests from the client and agency.
- Proficient in technical writing. Able to prepare technical documents for public meetings, presentations and traffic studies. Discusses and explains transportation engineering concepts to the public. Presents technical material in innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences
- Capable of leading marketing efforts for less complex projects Prepares letter proposals and participates in the preparation of larger project proposals.
- Capable of presenting to the client on projects that CivTech is pursuing
- Assist Senior Engineers with marketing efforts on larger, more complex projects
- Mentor and direct Engineer Interns, Designers, and Technical Staff in completing tasks, providing frequent peer reviews on their work
- Requires little-to-no technical supervision by senior staff. Performs technical engineering work of a complex nature with minimal supervision.
- Completes tasks and projects within established expectations
- Uses engineering design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents. Use Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project or other related project management software. Familiarity with traffic software, such as HCS, Synchro, SimTraffic, VISSIM/VISUM, TransModeler, TransCAD and/or other traffic analysis platforms. AutoCAD/Microstation experience is a plus but not required
- Communicates effectively with clients. Communicates clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team environment. Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Interest in learning new methods and techniques from experienced engineers
- Understands trends and best practices in transportation and urban planning
- Participates in local Professional Association
- Understands project schedules and budgets, is able to manage time to complete projects successfully by the due date. Reviews project hours in relation to the budget. Able to track scope changes and provide documentation for additional services requests when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- Professional engineering license in Arizona.
- 4 – 8 years’ experience in Traffic Engineering.
- Experience preparing traffic impact analysis and technical reports for a wide variety of transportation and transit agencies.
- Proficient in the traffic analysis and assessment discipline.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficient in all major traffic engineering-related software such as Traffic, Synchro, HCS, TransCAD, TransModeler, and VISUM/VISSIM. AutoCAD and MicroStation experience is a plus although not required.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of principles and methods of research and data collection
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local codes, design standards, laws and recommendations relating to engineering projects, including but not limited to, the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, the Highway Capacity Manual, the Roadside Design Guide, the Highway Safety Manual, the Guide for xxx of Highways and Streets and the ADOT Policy, Guidelines and Procedures.
- Good organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Ability to travel out of the immediate area and to work outside of regular work hours if needed
The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.