Mid-Level Software Engineer
Our client is currently looking for a mid-level Software Engineer with a Top-Secret Security Clearance for a position in Saint Louis, Missouri.
The Mid Software Engineer must have adequate domain knowledge and hands-on experience in developing, implementing software programs. As a mid-level developer, this labor competency is responsible for creating, maintaining and/or improving the performance of existing software code, with duties to write and update software code and databases under contract and direction from the assigned Government Lead. Clear communication skills are required. Proven ability writing test scripts, test driven development, in an agile software development environment, where building in automated test procedures in addition to functional code are paramount to continuous integration and continuous delivery of software. This competency is required to further test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization. Recommendation of improvements to existing software programs. You must be able to work well within a team environment under evolving priorities. He or She must be capable of performing the software tasks identified in the contract requirements in forming and working on Government/Contractor software coding teams.
• BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent technical degree.
• Or experience: A minimum of 6 years of experience in software engineering/development, or a related area that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the duties associated with this
• Demonstrated experience in at least two of the following:
• Web services architecture, design, and development
• Relational database design
• Spatial database design
• NoSQL database design
• Micro-service architecture, design and development
• In depth experience with Agile philosophies, serving as scrum or team
• Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration (CI/CD) techniques, test- driven development, and automated testing
• Experience working with relational
• Possession of an active TS/SCI level, or above, security clearance.
Highly Desired Education/Experience:
• Master of Science or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Information Systems.
• At least 4 years’ or more experience in full stack development to include Java, Web services, Database, and micro-service
• At least 1 year or more experience with agile and lean
• Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders to develop user-stories in support of full-service consumer and business
• Integration and tailoring of geospatial Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software applications; specialized software and database development and maintenance; integration of related specialized hardware; engineering studies to identify and remedy geodata processing
• Experience with government and/or commercial imagery products, to include SAR or related RADAR imaging
• Experience working with and developing geospatial information systems (GIS) to include open-source and proprietary geospatial formats
• Use and development with common geospatial tools, data, and operating These may include, but are not limited to:
• Tools - Boundless Spatial suite, Remote View, PostGRES/PostGIS, Oracle Spatial and/or other geospatial databases, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, Image Server, and File
• Data formats including KML, KMZ, NITF, TIFF, JPEG, GeoPDF, and similar geo- related formats and data
• Operating Platforms – ESRI, OpenGeo Suite, or
• In-depth experience abstracting new or legacy systems via standards based APIs to include web services. Including but not limited to Open Geospatial Consortium
• Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following:
• Developing terrain analysis visualization and
• Developing automated detection
Westport One consistently ranks as one of the top 10 offices within the MRI Network system, which consists of more than 700 offices worldwide.
Our search consultants are Information Technology “industry insiders” working specifically with companies to meet their IT needs. We specialize in Database, Network, System, & Web Administrators, Hardware & Software Engineers, Designers, Programmers, Technicians, IT Managers, CIOs, as well as many other IT positions.
Any inquiries relating to this ad will be kept confidential.
To learn more about our organization please visit us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mid-Level Software Engineer.
To apply for this position, submit your resume by choosing one or more of the following:
- ***CLICKING “APPLY NOW” ON THIS PAGE*** (PREFERRED)
- Fax resume with cover letter to:
314-991-9586. Attention: Kim Carlson. Please refer to job reference code KD/MidSoft
NO CALLS PLEASE
Mid-Level Software Engineer
Esri Gis (Software)
Arc Gis Servers
Arc Gis (Gis Software)
Geographic Information Systems
Keyhole Markup Languages