UniFirst is looking to meet individuals interested in a
Maintenance Technician Opportunity!
Date: Thursday, August 29, 2019
Time: 8:30AM – 4:00PM
4545 Calumet Ave
Hammond, IN 46327
Position Available: Maintenance Technician
Unifirst is currently hiring for Maintenance Technicians at our Hammond location! Are you searching for a long-term career position with a strong company offering a solid track record of success? If you have the qualities necessary to become a UniFirst team partner, and the technical skill-set to succeed, then this is an opportunity for you to join our growing company!
This role will repair, maintain, install, and troubleshoot industrial equipment, systems, and components, including but not limited to: large capacity washers and dryers, pneumatic and steam systems, conveyor systems, and boilers. They will execute preventive/predictive maintenance, resolve safety concerns, and perform indoor and outdoor facility and equipment repair. They will also complete various maintenance project tasks as assigned.
- Uses common tools including but not limited to: hand and power tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, precision measuring instruments, and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Ensures safe operation of machinery, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems equipment and components; following blueprints and schematics, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Troubleshoots sources of equipment problems.
- May be required to perform boiler chemical testing; records result in log books; and makes necessary chemistry adjustments.
- May be required to perform daily and weekly safety checks on boilers and makes necessary repairs.
- May be required to perform wastewater pre-treatment system testing; record results in logbooks; and makes necessary chemistry adjustments.
- Records and analyzes meter readings of utilities in logs and takes corrective actions where appropriate.
- Performs daily and weekly location and systems safety checks and follows up to address concerns.
- Inspects motors and belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, and performs other maintenance actions while following maintenance procedures.
- Performs various welding activities including MIG, TIG, ARC, cutting, and brazing.
- Inspects, cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of location equipment per work procedures or technical manual.
- Utilizes a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Assists other maintenance personnel with emergency and non-emergency repairs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and associated control systems.
- High school diploma or GED required. Two-year technical degree in an appropriate background preferred.
- Equipment Maintenance Knowledge – Minimum of 6 months to 1 year of work experience repairing industrial processing equipment in a production environment required. Applicable military experience will be considered.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics required.
- Ability to read and understand maintenance literature printed in English required.
- Basic computer and Microsoft office skills required.
- Experience using Hand & Power tools required.
- Lockout/Tagout experience required.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
Computerized Maintenance Management Systems