Planned Parenthood North Central States
Clinic Assistant – Rosenfield, NE
Starting Wage: $15 per hour
URL blocked - click to applyAt Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS), we believe all people deserve the right, the freedom and the opportunity to follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier, more meaningful life. That’s why we protect, promote and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care for generations of young people and families with empathy, care and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
URL blocked - click to applyURL blocked - click to apply
As a Clinic Assistant, you would participate in team approach to patient care working cooperatively with others to achieve productivity standards and exceptional customer service. You’d communicate effectively and sensitively to patients from a wide range of backgrounds and ages, while serving as a patient advocate.
URL blocked - click to applyResponsibilities
URL blocked - click to applyEssential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Work with health care team to meet established productivity standards for center revenue, expense/margin, patient numbers, quality, and customer service.
· Maintain a working knowledge of Planned Parenthood policies and procedures and apply these to patient and clinic services.
· Perform front desk functions to include telephone, patient scheduling, patient flow and processing mail and supplies.
· Prepare, organize and maintain patient medical records.
· Process collection of patient fees.
· Provide patient education and informed consent. Assist clinician in patient care.
· Perform and record routine laboratory tests.
· Maintain facilities, equipment and supplies.
· Provide medications and contraceptive supplies under the direction of clinicians.
· Explain all FDA approved birth control methods.
· Provide specific instruction on the patient’s selected birth control method.
· Inform patients in a non-directive manner about all options available to them in the event of an unintended pregnancy and make a referral for service based on the patient’s needs.
· Describe the difference between a medication and surgical abortion.
· Provide factual, non-biased information to patients seeking an abortion.
· Assist the physician in the surgical room
· Perform macroscopic exam of tissue post-surgery.
· Follow all state laws regarding mandatory reporting.
· Comply with state laws governing abortion services.
· Respond to staffing needs to other sites as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Full-time position working 40 hours per week.
Tentative schedule: Monday 8:45am-5:15pm, Tuesday 11:45am-8:15pm, Wednesday 8:30am-4:30pm, Thursday 7:45am-4:15pm. Friday 7:30am-4:30pm.
This position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO, extended illness leave, volunteer time off, paid holidays, and 403(b) retirement plan.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· One (1) year experience in health care or customer service work.
· STRATEGIC THINKING: Thinks strategically, drives innovations and is adaptive
· RESULTS FOCUS: Drives organizational results, and demonstrates accountability & services mentality.
· PEOPLE LEADERSHIP: Builds and manages workforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations and staffing needs. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
· RELATIONSHIP LEADERSHIP: Builds relationships internally and externally to achieve common goals. Models and encourages cooperation within the organization/with stakeholders by fostering commitment, pride and trust with self/staff.
· Have a commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of all Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS) business and activities, on and off of the job.
· Must provide evidence of rubella immunity within 30 days of hire.
· Data entry skills and understanding of business office procedures, plus previous medical or laboratory skills helpful.
· Must be able to travel for local errands, required agency meetings and to continuing education opportunities.
· Must provide proof of automobile insurance coverage if required to drive on PPNCS business.
Planned Parenthood North Central States supports people of all ages in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are an organization committed to creating and fostering an environment that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. When you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.
Planned Parenthood is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce that effectively employs the skills and talents of all employees in our organization. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of their race, color, creed, sex, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, size, disability, socioeconomic status or status with regard to public assistance. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position. AA/EEO
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
To apply for this position Click here: PPNCS Jobs Site
Electronic Medical Record