To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jacksonville, FL
- Phone: 9047431883
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Crisis Support Counselor- Inpatient
Mental Health Resource Center • Jacksonville, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Mental Health Resource Center a comprehensive mental health center and Joint Commission accredited organization is looking for an Emergency Evaluator for our Northside inpatient facility.
The Emergency Evaluator assesses an individual’s need for psychiatric treatment and provides appropriate referrals to community resources.
Some of the essential functions include but are not limited to:
● Conducts emergency mental health screenings on individuals who enter the facility either voluntarily or through the Baker Act.
● Using Baker Act criteria and DSM IV standards, evaluates and assesses any crisis telephone calls and/or walk-ins to determine need for services. Conducts emergency evaluations and/or arranges/refers for services as indicated.
● Crisis Prevention Intervention
● Coordinates patient transfers to community hospitals as needed.
● Coordinates with insurance companies. Remains current regarding all prescribed procedures related to third party payer notification and pre-certifications pertaining to outpatient assessments and inpatient admissions.
● Determines and implements appropriate disposition/referral(s) according to the needs identified during the evaluation process and according to procedures.
● Assures the accuracy, completeness and confidentiality of the clinical record.
● Maintains administrative records.
The following positions are available:
Evening Shift- Monday through Friday, 4:00pm to 12:30am
A comprehensive benefits package is offered with all full time positions.
MHRC offers assistance with Clinical Supervision hours for Masters Level Registered Interns in full time positions.
Night Shift- Every other Saturday and Sunday, 12:00am to 8:30am
Evening Shift- Every or Every other Saturday and Sunday, 4:00pm to 12:30am
Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems is comprised of two not-for-profit organizations:
● Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems (RBHS)
● Mental Health Resource Center (MHRC)
These not-for profit organizations work together to provide a wide array of mental health, substance abuse, and social services to children and adults throughout Duval County (Jacksonville) and other Florida counties. RBHS and MHRC have 500 employees throughout Florida.
The mission of Mental Health Resource Center (MHRC) is to help people improve their well-being and achieve their goals by providing comprehensive behavioral healthcare and social services. We view MHRC as a leader in the behavioral health and social services field, and we will continuously strive to provide services of the highest quality and effectiveness. Our services will be provided in the most appropriate, least restrictive setting and in the most cost-effective manner utilizing caring, professional staff.
Visit us at www.mhrcflorida.com
● The position requires either a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field and one year experience working with the chronically mentally ill population.
● The Emergency Evaluator needs to be able to make sound decisions independently on a daily basis, including but not limited to recognizing emergencies and life threatening situations and responding appropriately.
● Strong communication skills are essential and this individual must be able to interact appropriately with internal and external customers, including families, caregivers, community service providers, supervisory staff and other department professionals.
Candidates may apply in person (M-F 9:00am-4:00pm) or send a resume to Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems, Attention: Human Resources Department 10550 Deerwood Park Boulevard Suite 600 Jacksonville, Florida 32256. Faxed resumes are also welcome at 904-493-5910. You may also email your resume to email@example.com or visit us on the web at www.mhrcflorida.com click on the ‘Join Our Team’ tab.
NOTE TO APPLICANT:
All employees of Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems and Mental Health Resource Center are required to complete a criminal background screen. All employment offers are contingent upon completion of the criminal background screen with satisfactory results. It is essential that all information on the application be completed accurately. A conviction will not necessarily disqualify applicants from employment.
Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems and Mental Health Resource Center encourage all applicants to take advantage of opportunities for hire, and if internal applicant, transfers, promotions, and advancement, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, handicap, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.