To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA 90010
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Nexus Staffing Group • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 1 month ago
CLIENT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Our client is a leading Physician Practice Management company responsible for the business services for a leading University Children’s Medical Group – the largest pediatric multi-specialty group in the United States and are acclaimed for their leadership in Pediatric and Adolescent health.
The Accounting Manager manages and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the department by overseeing the preparation, accounting analysis and organization of the general ledger, accounts payable and payroll functions of the department. The position is also responsible for managing staff and preparing other reports as directed by the Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages daily employee activities including determining specific work assignments; and monitoring individual staff productivity.
- Trains employees on policies and procedures related to financial and operational reporting, as well as computer system use.
- Participates in professional development activities to keep current with trends and practices in health care administration.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Manages the (closing process preparation and review of all journal entries to be entered for each monthly financial statement), and analyzes for completeness and accuracy.
- Manages the overall preparation of financial statements and ensures the general ledger and related records are properly maintained.
- Reviews and audits all check requests, employee payroll checks and expense reports to insure that supporting documentation is complete and appropriate.
- Manages and recommends the implementation of policies and procedures for the general ledger, payroll and accounts payable areas of the group to ensure established accounting policies and procedures.
- Evaluates various projects performed by staff to ensure priorities and appropriate procedures are being maintained.
- Reviews supporting schedules and analyses of general ledger accounts for interim, monthly and year end closing.
- Meets with physicians, administrators and financial analysts to respond to inquiries.
- Interacts with Hospital personnel to resolve accounting issues.
- Maintains the company’s chart of accounts in SAGE and reporting in FRx, respectively.
- Assists in developing plans, priorities and work assignments to achieve department goals.
- Manages summaries of financial and operating information and analysis.
- Imports and controls departmental budgets and allocation of funds. Provides monthly and annual data and interpretation.
- Responsible for timely distribution of monthly division financial reports.
- Provides assistance to the Controller on developing and implementing specific reports and analyses.
Knowledge, Skill & Ability:
Knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices to identify and describe accounting systems and subsystems. Knowledge of budgeting and of cost accounting principles, organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives. Knowledge of fiscal management and personnel management techniques. Knowledge of health care administration systems. Ability to prepare statistical and narrative accounting reports. Thorough knowledge of computer system and applications as Sage, Microsoft Excel and Word. Skill in planning, organizing and supervising. Good leadership skills with a team-oriented approach. Skill in exercising initiative, judgement, problem-solving, decision-making. Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical, administrative staff, and physicians. Skill in developing comprehensive reports. Ability to analyze and interpret complex data. Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports. Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally. Ability to communicate clearly.
- Works closely with Controller in communicating and assessing productivity and results.
- Provides written analyses and recommendations to the Controller.
- Works closely with managers and physicians in communicating and assessing productivity and results.
- Communicates policies and procedures effectively and regularly to staff.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience:
- CPA or MBA required
- Bachelor of Science degree required with a concentration in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory and operational management experience in a health care or academic organization.
- Ability to work independently.
Technical Skills Required
- Experienced user of SAGE Accounting System
- Proficiency in payroll systems such as ADP Payroll
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook)
Commensurate with Experience
Comprehensive Benefits Package