In 2001, a group of hospice professionals calling themselves “The Founding Angels”, came together to start a new organization based on the belief that they could offer hospice care on a higher plane than any other resource in Central Indiana. The group has evolved since that time, but one constant that has remained is their determination to run the organization by their stated values of professionalism, teamwork, stewardship, integrity, and service. These values are the guiding force of our operations and have been placed at the top of our organizational chart to emphasize their importance.
Guardian Angel Hospice has grown steadily in the number of patients it serves, as well as in the size of its staff and volunteer base to provide those services. Guardian Angel Hospice remains locally owned and operated, with offices in Kokomo, Logansport, Lafayette, and Carmel, Indiana. Our focus is to provide outstanding end-of-life care to all people living in the 30 Central Indiana counties we serve.
Do you want to empower hospice patients and their families?
Are you looking for competitive pay and stellar benefits?
Are you ready for a life changing employment opportunity?
If you answered yes, we think you might be the one! We only want the best. At Guardian Angel Hospice, quality comes first - and we can prove it. At Guardian Angel, top employees earn more no matter how long they’ve been employed and there are extra pay opportunities every week. Employees at Guardian Angel get more training than at any other Hospice in the state. We want you to be 100% confident in the care you provide because we are 100% committed to the success of our employees! Because patient and family satisfaction is key, we utilize an incredible transformation program to set up every Angel for success.
At Guardian Angel Hospice, we want you to love your career and the people you work with, while educating and empowering our patients and their families. That’s why a career at Guardian Angel Hospice offers:
Extra pay opportunities each week
The best training in hospice - anywhere!
A flexible schedule to accommodate a work/life balance
A full line of benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
Paid vacations and holidays
Tuition reimbursement and certification testing
Opportunities for advancement within our organization for those with strong leadership skills
The Home Health Aide provides personal health care and related services plus additional tasks as assigned to the patient in the home or facility. You will work cooperatively with patients, facility and families. Work under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse and in accordance with the IDG care plan.
- Provides direct patient care to patients under the direction of the RN to ensure optimum care
- Including but not limited to: Assists or performs bed bath, tub, shower or sponge bath; performs shampoo in bed, tub, shower or sink; checks, cleans and files nails; performs skin care; assists or performs oral hygiene; assists the patient with their ADL's
- Provides personal care for each patient in accordance with the Care Plan
- Prioritize daily needs of the patients and/or the request of the Registered Nurse
- Respect professional boundaries while providing care in facilities and patient homes
- Demonstrates safe techniques in all transfers and ambulation in the following area: Utilization of hoyer lift, wheelchair and gait belt when transferring patients; safe and correct use of assistive devices including walker, cane and crutches
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and willing to travel within the company’s service area. This position will work within the Hamilton County, Marion County and surrounding areas
- Current CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) and/or HHA (Home Health Aide) Indiana State certification
- Willingness to serve on the on-call rotation schedule
- Ability to manage your schedule effectively and efficiently
Certified Nursing Assistant
Registered Nurse Certified