To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbia, SC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
NOAM Sales Representative- Rail
Harsco Rail • Columbia, SC
Posted 1 month ago
Save lives in a sales function? Yes, indeed. Bring your sales experience in Transit technology to Protran Technology, the leader in Secondary Advanced Warning Technology Systems for the rail and bus industries. We manufacture electronic technology systems that provide Enhanced Employee Protection, Pedestrian Protection, HY-RAIL Limits compliance and Train Approach Warning Systems. Protran Technology provides safety products to eliminate single point of failures, reduce incidents and fatalities in the Transit industry; both rail and bus.
We seek a Sales Representative to focus on the Rail industry. As Sales Representative, you will work with a small, closely-knit group while enjoying the benefits of a Fortune-listed global company.
Working from your home office, you will seek out and secure new business opportunities with our existing and prospective customers, converting those opportunities into sales. You will leverage your status as a trusted supplier with all key decision-makers to ensure that Protran products are specified. You will prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations to customers. Working from your home office, you will prioritize and plan sales visits to optimize sales/profit potential. You will also represent Protran at industry trade shows and professional organizations. You'll collect field intelligence and supply Voice of the Customer data in support of strategic planning for business unit growth. You will travel by automobile and commercial airline 70% of the time.
Responsible for creating, identifying, and achieving sales objectives for Protran Technology's Flagging services business. The focus for this position will span both Transit and Freight railroad. This position will also be key in starting this business from the ground up.
- Identify, develop and maintain strong selling relationships with key decision makers for each customer and target account.
- Meet with existing and prospective customers to review product requirements and to determine other product opportunities.
- Seek out new business opportunities for Protran Technology and convert those opportunities into sales.
- Prioritize and plan sales visits to optimize sales/profit potential.
- Prepare and deliver professional presentations and demonstrations with an emphasis on the value of Protran Technology products and services.
- Gather marketing intelligence. Provide Voice of the Customer information in support of strategic planning for business unit growth.
- Forecast future sales and opportunities
- Provide input for the preparation of quotations for sales opportunities.
- Ensure regular communication (verbal and written) with our customers.
- Provide customer information to engineering, internal sales and management that will assist in making good business decision.
- In coordination with Customer Service, ensure quick and accurate responses to inquiries and concerns from our customers.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five years of sales experience in the rail industry calling on OEMs and transit authorities or rail freight operations
- Demonstrated success in converting opportunities into sales revenues.
- Experience in value-based sales.
- Thorough knowledge of FRA & FTA, particularly structure and sales processes
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical data
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Ability to influence and persuade others
- Ability to effectively coach others.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Mathematical skills
- Knowledge of electronic technology
- Ability to effectively plan and organize
- Ability to travel 70% or more
- The ability to predictably and regularly attend work and to be punctual
- The ability to read and understand documents and drawings
- The ability to work cooperatively with others
- The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and/or coworkers
- The ability to manage several tasks at once
- The ability to follow direction or instruction
- The ability to use a computer to communicate, create, and access information
- The ability to lift 40 lbs
- The ability to stand/bend/stretch, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.