To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Phone: 904-855-1260
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Director
TOTE Maritime • Jacksonville, FL
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Recruit, retain, and develop a high performing and agile workforce and foster a culture to support it. Plan, develop, and manage all aspects of Human Resources activities to ensure compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Employment: Plan staffing needs; develop recruiting and selection criteria; manage the onboarding process for new employees; define labor sources; monitor effects of staffing and selection process; maintain Affirmative Action Plan, meet or exceed all Equal Employment Opportunity goals. Provide organizational reporting (organizational charts, head counts, EEO data, etc.) as required.
· Employee Relations: Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations. Work directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters. Conduct exit interviews to understand the employee experience and make recommendations for improvement.
· Talent Management: Maintain a positive and open culture; Provide counsel and mentorship to employees and management; plan and develop meaningful feedback methods and practices including employee recognition and rewards programs. Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line managers, as required.
· Compliance: Manage company compliance program; maintain data as required for internal and external audits and federal reporting; create processes ensuring adequate controls; perform departmental audits to ensure proper employee record keeping; provide reports as requested by internal customers.
· Policies and Procedures: Implement and manage all human resource policies, procedures and employee handbooks. Provide policy guidance and interpretation. Keep management advised of changing policies and procedures in the human resource field.
· Compensation: Establish goals and rationale for compensation at the direction of senior management; define compensation issues; develop pay structures; wage and salary administration; manage performance evaluation system; and job descriptions.
· Employee benefits: Manage all employee benefit programs to include: medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability programs, insurance programs; 401K/165(e) deferred compensation plans; and other employee benefit programs.
· Wellness: Develop, implement, and oversee a total wellness program to promote good health including employee education, health management goals and tracking systems, and reward systems.
· Participate on committees and special projects and seek additional responsibilities
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience required in Human Resources and/or Organizational Development. Previous experience should include management of others and handling employee relations issues.
• Must possess a high level of Emotional Intelligence, team building, and communication skills.
• Ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Experience in interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning, assigning, directing work; coaching appraising performance; rewarding, disciplining employees; and resolving problems.
• Previous policy creation, review, and administration experience.
• Experience with compensation analysis and compilation of market data required.
• Legal knowledge of state and federal payroll regulations preferred.
• Must possess proficient knowledge in MS Office.
• Experience with Ultimate Software a plus.
• Adherence to the Integrated Management System that covers Quality, Environmental, and Safety ISO (International Organization for Standardization) certifications.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree required.
• Certification: PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP preferred.