To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Orlando, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Desktop Support Technician
Software Resources • Orlando, FL
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Software Resources has an opportunity open for a Desktop Support Technician. This is a long term contract in Orlando, FL.
****COMPLETELY CLEAR BACKGROUND CHECK HISTORY & VALID DRIVERS LICENSE REQUIRED.****
Performs moderately complex analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design and installation of new and existing computer systems. Provides day-to-day consultation, instruction, troubleshooting and problem solving to computer users for hardware, software, network and related computer systems and devices. Evaluates, reviews and enforces County computer hardware and software standards. This position requires knowledge of all phases and variations of computing systems and support
Works under close supervision of the Systems Support Supervisor. Performance is reviewed through observations, conferences, reports and achievement of desired results.
- Installs, configures and ensures the effective operation of all end user hardware and software, peripheral equipment and mobile devices within established County standards.
- Monitors and responds to Service Center trouble calls and provides end user training in use of equipment and software.
- Confers with the customer to diagnose simple to moderately complex problems, apply solutions and assist in determining the types of hardware and software required to meet business needs.
- Ensures end user hardware, software and associated devices interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems such as file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems and application servers.
- Creates, runs, and troubleshoots simple to moderately complex scripts, batch files, or installation procedures.
- Performs moderately complex troubleshooting procedures encompassing multiple technology platforms.
- Coordinates efforts with technical staff and customers to determine and resolve client issues under direction of technical lead.
- Reviews licensing problems and performs software and hardware audits throughout the organization. Provides audit reports and assessments and ensures compliance with licensing regulations.
- Provides on call support as needed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Requires Local Travel.
Experience with A+ computer certification, Microsoft certifications, CCNA and or experience with desktop imaging or scripting preferred.
Don't delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at http://www.softwareresources.com/it-careers/it-job-search/
Software Resources specializes in IT talent recruitment services and workforce staffing solutions. Founded in 1992 as an IT staffing services firm, we are a privately held women-owned business enterprise (WBE), celebrating our 25th year in business. We are headquartered in Lake Mary, Florida, just outside of Orlando. With branches and sales professionals throughout the U.S., Software Resources is the staffing agency of choice for clients and consultants.
We specialize in IT. It's what we do and what we know, every day. We provide contract, contract to hire and direct hire placement IT staffing solutions for Energy, Entertainment/Gaming/New Media, Financial Services, Government, Healthcare, Hospitality, Professional Services, and Security.