To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
210 Sheep Davis Road
Concord, NH 03301
- Mike Brown
- Phone: (207) 582-1851
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Utiliy Pipe Division Manager
Everett J. Prescott, Inc • Concord, NH
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
E.J. Prescott, Inc. is a 64 year old, family owned waterworks supply company. We distribute water, wastewater, stormwater, geotextile and erosion control products in 28 locations across nine Northeast states. We also have four sister companies that provide fabrication and delivery services to our clients. We are one of the largest independently owned waterworks supply companies in the United States, and pride ourselves on innovation and customer service. Our motto is "Whatever you need. Whenever you need it. No matter what."
Job Title: Division Manager, Concord, NH
SUMMARY: Direct the overall activities of the branch to continually and simultaneously achieve the following four overriding objectives:
• Serve the customers within our target market in an extraordinary manner so that our brand name and reputation continue to flourish.
• Earn an acceptable rate of return on our sales after incentive compensation.
• Maintain a healthy cash flow, i.e., 40-day DSO.
• Invest time and money in our personnel so that they learn, grow and become better employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure smart purchases by utilizing standard purchasing techniques, working with our other divisions to achieve economies of scale in our purchases, etc.
• Ensure that accounting personnel understand company objectives and that they provide the necessary information to achieve those objectives.
• Ensure that operations personnel have the tools they need to perform their jobs satisfactorily, including approved plans, a detailed budget, etc. Personally inspect jobs to assess the progress on jobs and the game plan that operations personnel are employing to achieve the objectives.
• Monitor relationships with customers and vendors through informal telephone conversations, lunch meetings, industry events and formal customer satisfaction surveys. Ensure that quick and proper response to all reasonable customer requests.
• Ensure that all division personnel perform their job duties in a safe manner and that they take all reasonable precautions to avoid work-related accidents. Hire only personnel that demonstrate an understanding of safe work practices and will commit to following the safety procedures of the company. Hold regular and frequent safety discussions and meetings to continually reinforce the safety message.
• Ensure that all branch personnel understand the overall company objectives as well as their individual departmental objectives and that they work as a team to achieve the stated objectives. Be available to help resolve conflicting objectives. Reinforce continuously respectful communication between all departments.
• Prepare appropriate annual, monthly and weekly plans and ensure that each person understands how he or she fits into those plans. Set reasonable goals with deadlines for completion and monitor the compliance with such plans and achievement of such deadlines.
• Ensure that only the best and brightest personnel are hired for each open position and paid a fair wage for such position with potential extra compensation if extraordinary performance levels are obtained. Follow all company policies and practices and set an example for others in the division to follow.
Division Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the employees. The Division Manager must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
At least five years of Waterworks field experience, any combination of water, wastewater and stormwater experience is acceptable.
At least two years of management experience.
At least two years of sales experience, to include inside or outside sales.
Must be comfortable with administrative duties required to receive, track and distribute waterworks items, and to track materials costs, markups and profit margins.
What do we offer?
- Health Insurance, roughly 80% of premium paid by EJP
- Group rates available for short and long term disability, and life insurance
- 401 (k) plan with employer match, and both Traditional (pre-tax) and Roth investment options
- Incentive bonuses based on corporate, division and individual performances
- Company vehicle
EJ Prescott is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.