To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
320 Sylvan Lake Road
Watertown, CT 06779
- Amber Boroski
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Community Inclusion Specialist - FT 35hrs/wk
Easter Seals Greater Waterbury, Central & NW Connecticut • Watertown, CT
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Full-time position; 35hrs/wk, M-F, 8:30am-3:30pm
Why work for us?
Easterseals’ mission is to change the way the world defines and views disabilities by making profound, positive differences in people’s lives every day. Easterseals endeavors to offer services and programs that assist and empower those with disability related needs. We serve children and adults with disabilities as well as their families and caregivers. Our staff work with individuals to help them overcome challenges, achieve personal goals and live to their fullest potential.
Are you looking for a position in which you can help others achieve their personal goals, witness individuals’ developmental growth into independence, put a smile on their face and feel a sense personal fulfillment at the end of each day? Then come make a difference and join our dedicated and supportive team! You will also have the opportunity to engage in the community, participate in fun activities and be the best role model and leader you can be.
We believe that our employees contribute directly to our success and growth and know that you will take pride in being a member of our team!
Benefits of working at Easterseals:
- Excellent benefit package for Full time position: Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, Life and AD&D Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan with company match, 401(k) company Discretionary Contribution with Board approval, Employee Assistance Program, Discount Tickets to numerous events and Paid Time Off
- Competitive pay
- Over 1,200 online training courses available free to employees
- Advancement opportunity
POSITION SUMMARY – Community Inclusion Specialist
Under the supervision of the Manager our Community Inclusion Specialists (CIS) are primary implementers of our organization’s services, working on the front lines in our communities. As our professional representatives in the field, we view their roles as particularly critical to the overall success of the programs we provide. The CIS works directly with our consumers in a variety of employment settings and/or program models designed to address their individual program needs and life goals. The CIS assumes responsibility for the implementation of individualized treatment plan goals, teaching strategies, and reporting assignments, assisting individuals in making personal choices and accessing community activities, assisting individuals in accessing public and/or generic transportation (native supports) and providing transportation as assigned. Driving company vans is required. Additional related duties required.
If this field is new to you, please include a cover letter explaining your interest, outline your skills and how they can be applied to this role.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIREMENTS, AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- This position may be authorized to have access to protected Health Information (PHI) to perform specific job duties.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree strongly preferred.
- Three (3) years of relevant work experience strongly preferred.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer