Director of Operations – Heating Oil
SUMMARY: Connecticut’s leading family owned Energy and HVAC company is looking for a dynamic leader to oversee all aspects of its Fuel Oil Division. This qualified candidate reports directly to the Senior Management Team and will provide overall direction and guidance in the day to day operations of the division. Responsible to ensure efficient, safe, reliable supply of Fuel Oil Delivery and Service division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the Fuel Oil workings of various branch locations in the organization.
- Provide day-to-day guidance and oversight of branch managers.
- Provide leadership, communication, and coaching to employees; teamwork, accountability.
- Assign duties and monitor quality of work; assure staff follows policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees
- Purchase materials, plan inventory and cost control
- Promote safety by ensuring that all policies are regulations are followed
Customer Service & Business Development
- Manager over-all customer relationships at all Branch locations
- Handle all customer relations escalations in accordance with policy and promote a positive experience for all customers.
- Build and maintains customer relationships.
- Seeks out new opportunities for new business.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by senior leadership.
- Directly supervises 10-20 employees within the Fuel Operations and service departments.
- Indirectly supervises 15-20 employees within the Customer Service departments.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or at least five years Operations Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the Heating Oil industry and the Transportation industry.
- Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including some early morning and weekend shifts, to work after hours as needed, and to respond to urgent issues when they arise.
- CDL with Hazmat endorsement is a plus
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Project Management experience preferred
Customer Relationship Management