Are you looking for a new opportunity to expand your knowledge and career in the travel industry? We are looking for strong individuals with shining personalities that have a passion for going the extra mile and building positive relationships. This is an ideal opportunity for an exciting career in the world of travel that redefines what great service truly means.
The Travel Counselor role will provide world-class customer service to Premium card members by creating memorable travel experiences while booking leisure travel with a key focus on domestic and international air, car, and hotel arrangements. Travel Counselors are responsible for providing travel information, booking reservations, servicing existing reservations, educating on company websites, and providing ticketing services.
Travel Counselors will participate in an intensive training and mentoring program that is designed to provide the knowledge needed to become a highly skilled Travel Counselor. Candidates must arrive ready to impress, with a curiosity for learning, a self-starter attitude and the drive to deliver extraordinary service.
Specific Responsibilities May Include:
- Provide extraordinary customer service to our Premium card members
- Own the planning, research, and execution of customized travel experiences
- Build professional relationships and rapport with our Premium card members in order to deliver personalized customer experiences
- Receive and send emails and phone calls to service providers (airlines, hotels, car rental companies)
- Follow-up communications with card members (email, outbound call) to complete reservations, notify of schedule changes, etc.
- Resolve issues that may arise with card members with a sense of urgency with proper supervision
- Commitment to high-quality customer service by ensuring response to calls and emails are in a timely and professional manner
- Deliver the brand promise every day
Required Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Minimum two years of Premium/VIP host, concierge experience
- A true passion for travel; having had personal travel experience or the desire for travel experiences
- Knowledge of international and domestic geographical locations, proper spelling of locations, points of interest, etc.
- Strong computer and internet navigation skills
- Ability to service a Premium customer by exuding confidence and knowledge during all customer interactions
- Possess a can-do attitude, curiosity and a healthy competitiveness
- Strong service mentality with a willingness to go above and beyond for the customer
- Solutions-driven with effective consultative and critical thinking skills, having the ability to listen to and anticipate customers’ needs, in turn offering confident recommendations
- Strong customer service orientation with an upbeat, people-minded personality
- Reliability and integrity driven; possessing enthusiasm and commitment in their work
- An effective team player who is able to also work independently
- Excellent grammar, enunciation, pronunciation, syntax verbal and written skills
- Ability to remain cool under pressure while demonstrating robust multi-tasking skills (e.g. able to log calls and interact with the customer simultaneously)
Preferred Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Hospitality industry or travel industry experience
- Experience booking travel using professional booking tools
TELUS recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviors that are reflective of our values:
- We embrace change and initiate opportunity
- We have a passion for growth
- We believe in spirited teamwork
- We have the courage to innovate
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.